too little, too late

"look what i found at the grocery store."

bee said as they threw down a stack of magazines onto the coffee table in front of me. i picked one up and saw michael and some girl plastered on the front. i guess word travels fast. i already saw it all over social media. to say it doesn't hurt would be a lie. but i also have to remember that we're separated. he isn't mine right now and he may never be. and i can't control what he does when i am not around.

"and you bought them?"

i asked as i raised an eyebrow at them.

"well, i wanted to show you what you're husband is up to instead of being here for his daughters."

bee said as i sighed. i think bee is angrier than i am at michael. i know that stems from their love for luna and leilia. that's where my anger comes from too. but there's also a part of me that is numb to michael's actions. almost as if i knew this was coming. michael can't be alone. he hasn't been alone ever. he's either lived with his parents, with me, or with crystal and i. now that he's on his own...he doesn't know what to do. and he's acting out like the child he is.

"we're separated. i can't do anything about it."

"well, in the eyes of the law and all of the fans, you guys are still married. and this is cheating, alex."

bee said as i ran my hands through my hair. i can't think about that. i can't think about the fact that michael cheated on me again. the fact that he chose some bimbo over his two daughters and i. i can't think about that. it'll fucking break me. thankfully, i heard crying coming from down the hall.

"we can talk about this later."

i said as i pushed myself up off the couch and walked towards luna's room. i frowned as i saw the crying toddler in her crib.

"what's wrong pretty girl?"

i asked as i picked her up. as i placed her hip and started to rock her back and forth, i felt a sharp pain rush through my stomach. a pain that is all too familiar.

"shit."

i whispered as i placed my hand on my bump. of course, leilia has to make her entrance when tensions are at an all-time high. and when i'm only 35 weeks along. i walked out to the living room and sat down on the couch with luna in my arms. about 10 minutes later, another contraction wracked through my body.

"you okay?"

bee asked as i winced from the pain, trying not to wake a sleeping luna on my chest.

"no. leilia decided that today, of all fucking days, she wants to come."

i said.

"isn't it too early for her to come?"

bee asked with panic written all over their face. maybe i should've had sierra stay here with me cause i have a terrible feeling bee is going to freak out.

"yeah, she's still a month early. can you just call sierra to watch luna please?"

i asked as the contraction subsided. i placed luna on the couch and walked down the hall. i laid down on the bed and grabbed my phone to dial michael's number.

"hello?"

michael asked as he picked up the phone. hearing his voice could just make me break down into tears. i miss him more than anything. but this isn't about either of us right now.

"m-mikey? how quick can you come home?"

i said as i wiped some stray tears that escaped my eyes.