you're my best friend

song for the chapter: best friend - 5 seconds of summer

2 weeks later

25 weeks pregnant

"can you stop eating all the food before the guests arrived?"

i heard karen scold michael from the kitchen as i finished setting all the tables up. karen came all the way from australia to help us with the baby shower and i couldn't be more excited. she's really been there for me since my parents turned their back on me. she's like a second mum to me.

"how's it going in here?"

michael asked as i finished setting the last table up.

"all done. just waiting on everyone to show up."

i said with a smile. the room is absolutely covered in pink and purple. i have a feeling that our child is definitely going to be a girly-girl. but is she decides not to be, that's okay too. we'll love her all the same.

"did i tell you that you look stunning yet today?"

michael asked.

"you told me about 10 times before we left the house, but i do like hearing it again."

i said as i stood up on my toes to place a kiss on his lips. it sucks not having veronica here. we were suppose to plan this together and she wanted to set everything up together. although i love being around michael 24/7, i do miss having a best friend i can go to.

after the three of us finished setting up the decorations and putting everything where it needed to go, the guests started coming in. starting with the guys and their girlfriends. we were all sitting at a table, just chatting away about everything, when we heard calum come through the door. but he wasn't alone. 

"bee!"

i yelled as i jumped up from my seat and engulfed them in a hug. bee was apart of our small little cliche in high school but after we graduated, i never really kept up with them. they were one of my best friends in high school. it's amazing to see them now.

"how have you been?"

i asked them.

"good!"

bee replied.

"what are you doing here? i thought you were still living in australia?"

"well, i just moved to la to pursue more opportunities with my tour photography."

bee said.

"so why are you hanging around this idiot?"

ashton asked as he pointed at calum.

"well, turns out we're actually neighbors. he came over to introduce himself but obviously we already know each other. and we just kind of hit it off again."

bee said as they wrapped their arms around calum's.

"are you two...together?!"

i asked with a huge smile on my face.

"i guess you could call it that."

calum said, a smile growing on his own face.

"ah, i'm so happy for you two!"

i said as i hugged them both. calum deserves someone who will make him happy and i think bee is that person. they're going to make the cutest couple. after a while of hanging up, a mixture of michael's other friends and his family that was able to fly out start piling into the venue. i took a look around the venue with a slight frown before i felt michael intertwine his hand with mine.

"hey, what's wrong?"

michael asked.

"i just miss my family."

i sighed. although i love michael's family, it hurts seeing them here. it reminds me of the family i don't have. how my parents turned their back on me. on their granddaughter. on the last 22 years of my life. it hurts. it's nothing something that i can just overlook and forget about,

"they aren't worth it. this is you and the baby's day."

michael said.

"you know, we should probably tell the boys her name before their heads explode."

i said as i looked over at the boys, who were definitely eating all the food. we got up from the table and walked over to the food table where the boys were.

"hey, we need your opinion on something."

michael said to the guys.

"okay..."

luke said suspiciously as he narrowed his eyes at us.

"what do you guys think about luna dream clifford?"

i asked them. all three of their eyes went wide as soon as i said that.

"is that her name?!"

calum exclaimed.

"shh! yes! don't tell anyone. only you guys know. it's a band secret."

michael said with a laugh.

"we love it! little luna!"

ashton said as he hugged us. i couldn't ask for more supportive friends. these guys really are my family. and they've been more supportive than anyone in my family ever has. they make me realize that i really don't need my family in my life. real family is the one you create and who truly believes and loves you. and these guys and their girls are my family.