25. "Women are fucking crazy"

"What the fuck are you doing?" I asked, seeing Cassie sitting on the step, waving at me

"What the fuck are you doing?" I asked, seeing Cassie sitting on the step, waving at me. She had on a short black dress that fit her curves as it rose to her thigh. And her hair was messily all over her head. I narrowed my eyebrows, confused as I walked towards her. It must've been a crazy night because she looked good as hell on Lily's Snapchat, and I immediately added her. Not sure If she'll leave me hanging.

She looked up at me and pouted. "Don't yell at me." I watched her suck in her bottom lip before saying, "I think I twisted my ankle, and I'm stuck."

I got to her level and watched her have her moment for a second. "I'm not yelling," I said in a low tone. What the hell did she do? It looks like she had a hell of a night. And fucking with Lily, I already knew it was no good.

I laughed through my nose as her eyes locked with mine. Shortly after, she started crying and didn't know until the tear dropped on her leg.

"I'm sorry," She muttered, dropping her face in her hands. "I'm not crying. My eyes are just a little sweaty."

Right.

I turned my face to laugh before saying, "Sorry for what? You had fun, so what?" I got up and gently grabbed her arms. "Let me get you off the ground."

Her frown turned upside down as she looked at me. "I did have fun. Probably more fun than I ever had." I've been doing dumb shit like this my entire life, and it's hard to hear someone never had a chance to. I don't know her full story, but I feel for her.

"See," I wet my lips, picking her up like a baby before swinging her in my arms bridal style. Once I had her secured in my arms, I headed for her apartment. "You should have fun more often."

"You're right," She dropped her head, "I should, shouldn't I?"

When we got to her door, she pushed it open with her free hand and patted her hand on the wall to find the light. When she got it on, I walked us to her couch and softly dropped her on it.

While Cassie tried removing her heels, she said, "Who knew you were Prince Charming, and I'm the damsel in distress?"

I had my back towards her as I walked into her kitchen to grab something frozen out of her freezer. I felt like my fucking Mom when she got ice for my bruise.

"What the hell did you do tonight?" I laughed, walking over towards her with a bag of frozen vegetables. "Looks like you got into a fight with a raccoon."

As I sat beside her, she elbowed me in my chest. "Well, I did. But a raccoon in human form." She laughed, laying her on my shoulder.

"You were fighting someone?" I asked, shocked.

Cassie exhaled and clenched her jaw. "I know, embarrassing. I don't want to talk about it. I feel bad enough as it is, but it wasn't my fault." Even if I keep asking, I know she won't tell me. I'll ask Lily because I'm curious as hell and nosey.