14. "I want to show you something"

"Honey, I'm home," Gael said, walking into my apartment as he owned it

"Honey, I'm home," Gael said, walking into my apartment as he owned it. "I brought food, half the menu because women are picky." I placed the book I started reading on the table and crossed my legs in my seat.

I dropped my shoulders and wet my lips. "You know any normal person would just knock."

"And any normal person would lock their doors, but I guess we're both not normal because I don't knock nor lock my door." He said, setting the stuffed plastic bags on the table. The only table I had in my apartment. "But a thank you would suffice."

The smells alone made my stomach growl. "I was getting there." I flashed a smile before unraveling the bag. "But you cut me off."

I opened it, but Gael stopped me and arched his eyebrow. He gave me a look and wasn't going to move his hand until I spoke. I remained silent and stared down at the table as my tongue ran over my teeth.

"Thank you, Gael," I said without looking at him, but that wasn't enough.

"What's the problem? Scared to look at me too long? You might fall in love." He spoke, his voice hoarse.

I laughed. "No, I'm scared I might lose my appetite."

That must have cut deep because he moved his hand and pushed his lips in. We both grabbed the Chow Mein out of the three other dishes he brought. I quickly removed the plastic covering and grabbed a handful of noodles.

"I guess I didn't make the wrong choice," Gael said, watching me stuff my face. I didn't care because I didn't realize how hungry I was until the food was in my apartment.

I shrugged and swallowed. "Yeah, one point for you. I'm impressed."

There was still so much I had to talk about with his housing arrangement, but I was more focused on eating.

"What does this point system entail exactly?" Gael asked me.

Before I could answer, the knock on the door interrupted me. Gael shot a look at me and proceeded to get up and get the door while I continued eating.

I peeked my head at the door and saw Noah and Brooklyn, and it reminded me of vacation. Something was not letting us get rid of each other.

"Told you," Brooklyn barked like she knew Gael would be here.

"You sly dog," Noah laughed, walking over to me. "Cassie, it's been ages!"

I swallowed a mouth full of food and said, "I saw you a few hours ago, Noah."

"Chinese? We had tacos," He said, noticing the amount of food we had on the table. I would do anything for a taco right now.

"Bro, I texted you," Gael said to Noah.

"Sorry, we went to dinner," Noah told the room as I remained quiet, finishing my dinner.

"Cassie, this is a really nice place," Brooklyn said as I shot my eyes up. I'm sure hers looks ten times better than mine, being she probably has a fully furnished apartment and anything she's ever wanted.