66. "You're mine"

7:40 p

7:40 p.m. I stood in place, staring at my reflection in the mirror. For the first time, I liked what I saw back. I didn't see a scared, trapped girl that lived day by day, wondering when things would get better. I saw a strong, beautiful woman that has been through so much and slowly but surely, getting to the place I've always wanted to be. Every day, I notice the changes within myself and the person I'm becoming.

Now, I'm twenty minutes from going on my first date with a man that I didn't expect would capture my heart. When I met him on the cruise, I had the mindset of never letting anyone in and keeping up those strong walls that I've had for so long. I thought I knew the kind of person he was because I judged him, and I was wrong. I thought the last time I would see him was on the ship, but then he showed up at my door, making it harder to resist him every day. The best way to explain the way I'm feeling is being drunk and high at the same time but having an endless antidote.

7:55 p.m. I ran my hands down the red satin midi dress with a cowl design at the front and a deep open back with a tie that hung down my ass. I had my hair pushed to the back, away from my face, and a natural makeup look. I sprayed the perfume I got for my birthday and took another look at myself before hearing the door.

I felt all sorts of things and nervous being the main thing. With each click of my black pumps, my pulse raced, and my stomach bubbled at the pit. I've been out with Gael multiple times, but this one was different. This was the start of our relationship, and I still couldn't believe what happened last night that got us to this point.

I broke away from my thoughts when I opened the door and saw Gael covering his face with a bouquet assortment of pink roses and lilies and lavender stock. I didn't even take him for the flower kind of guy, and the gesture was heartwarming.

"I didn't expect that," I breathed out, taking the flowers as he handed them to me. "They're so beautiful. Thank you." I said, sticking my nose in the gift.

"I guess I'm full of surprises." He said, following me as I walked back into my apartment to put the flowers in a vase. I didn't have one at the time, so I put them in a cup until I bought one. "You look fucking amazing." He said, pushing against me from behind. I could smell the strong, masculine scent of his cologne crowding my breathing space. I flinched, feeling his cold lips press against my neck, continuing to compliment me and my perfume. His hands were dangerously gripping my waist, clasping against my stomach. I knew that if he didn't stop, we wouldn't make it to dinner.

I pushed back into his chest and turned around, taking a good look at his attire. Holy hell, he looked fucking good. Like, I haven't seen him dressed up since the Captains' Dinner, and it was a sight to see. Like it was planned, Gael had on an ivory-colored silk button-up with bits of his chest exposed and his tattoos visible all over his hands. Grey slacks, a thick belt buckle, and silver accessories.