21. "GF"

I stood in the middle of the grocery store, deciding on smart and quick options for my apartment

I stood in the middle of the grocery store, deciding on smart and quick options for my apartment. I already had the cart filled but forgot a few items on my list. I woke up early, hearing the delivery guy trying to deliver my TV. My apartment was finally coming together, besides all the junk in the second bedroom. I didn't want or think another bed was necessary, so I bought an air mattress if I ever had company.

I stopped in the juice aisle, scanning for cranberry juice when I noticed it was pushed back on the top shelf. I mentally facepalmed myself and hoped that I wouldn't fall once I stood on the bottom rack. I carefully stepped on the metal shelf, using it to give me some height, but I couldn't reach it.

I tried again but gave up. Once I carefully stepped down, my eyes followed the hand, reaching for the same juice. He was tall, had to have been over 6'feet with dark brown hair that matched his eyes, thick lips, and an extremely sculpted face. The unknown man dressed in a white collared shirt with pineapples and khaki shorts.

He effortlessly grabbed the bottle and looked down at me. "Here." The young man said.

I grabbed the item from his hand, and nervously said, "Thank you." I don't usually have that problem because I'm average height, but it was all the way pushed to the back. And my favorite flavor—CranPeach.

"You live around here," He asked, leaning his hand against the shelf as I gripped my cart. He looked and dressed like a college boy, maybe in a fraternity. "Or go to West Shore University?"

I met his gaze for a second before turning away. "Uh, I live down the street. And I just moved here, so that's a no." He adjusted his position and smiled, "Frat boy?"

"Good guess," He shook his head and arched his thin eyebrow. "And I'm Tony. Alpha Sig."

"Cassie. Nice meeting you, Tony." I said, shaking his hand as he extended his. I could tell he was checking me out as I watched his eyes roam down my outfit. He was attractive in a goofy way but seemed fun. Most college kids are, but I missed the mark having to work as much as I did. He complimented my appearance, asking for my number to invite me to upcoming frat parties at the college. At first, I was hesitant, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to start building friendships. I never got a chance to party nor experience college life.

Once he inputted my number, he said, "Maybe I'll see you soon?"

"Maybe," I playfully muttered, walking towards the check out counter. I was pleased with my shopping but had no clue how I would juggle all of these bags to my building. The walk was quick but seemed so far away as I glanced out the window.

~~

Thirty minutes later, I finally made it to my building but took the elevator. It was burning hot outside, and I had about six bags hanging from my arms. I thought it would be good exercise, but I take that back. The next time I'll call a ride before I walk in the sun like that.