15. "I don't like liars"

"Yo," I answered, hearing my phone ringing off the hook

"Yo," I answered, hearing my phone ringing off the hook. I didn't even check to see who it was, and I hoped it wasn't bullshit. I didn't get in until late last night with Cassie, and I don't regret it. Outside of that strong personality, she's a cool girl. But she doesn't give anyone a chance to figure that out because she shoots it down. I understand the guard she has up from her childhood, and I feel bad for her. I was lucky enough to have both of my parents to an extent. I hope I can see more of the girl from last night. If not, I'll still try it because I don't give up. And she's fucking beautiful, and I wouldn't be myself if I didn't try.

"I called you five fucking times. What the hell are you doing?" Terrence yelled as I sighed under my breath.

I rolled over, clouding my face with a pillow. "I was fucking sleep. What else did you think I was doing?"

"I'm not going to answer that," He barked, "Meet me on 5th. The parking lot across the street from the gas station. Now."

I groaned and yawned at the same time. "It's early as hell. I'll see you in a few hours."

"It's two o'clock, almost three." He said.

"What?" I shot up from the bed. "Fuck!" I dropped my phone to check the time before jumping out of bed and getting clothes together for a shower.

Before Terrence could speak, I said, "I have to meet the boss at four. Whatever you have to talk about, you can't do it over the phone?"

"That was a dumb ass question, G," He said with a dead tone.

I ran my hands down my bare chest before rubbing my forehead. "Twenty minutes." I hung up the phone and took a quick shower. I don't usually sleep that long, so I never set the alarm, but I would've got my ass handed to me. I had no idea what the boss wanted to talk to me about, but I hope it isn't bad.

I quickly threw on Nike sweatpants, a black long-sleeve compression shirt paired with running shoes. After grabbing my keys, I put my hat on and rotated it backward as I walked out of my apartment.

Once I reached my Harley, I grabbed the helmet and snapped it under my neck, and threw my leg over the seat. I positioned my hands on the high bars and listened to the loud exhaust as I turned it on.

The ride wasn't far, ten minutes to be exact. I've had my bike for a while and don't think I'll switch to a car any time soon. I'm one of those assholes that can zip through California traffic, and it pisses people off. I would get pissed too if I had no choice but to sit there.

I parked next to Terrence's SUV, removing my helmet as he stepped out of the car.

I ran my fingers through my hair to fix the matted curls and leaned against his car. "What was so urgent?"

Terrence crossed his arms to his chest. "What the fuck is Noah doing? He brought that girl to my house, and I don't condone that. And he knows not to get involved, and I'm tired of dealing with immature shit. There's only so much that I can do, and if ya'll keep fucking it up, then what?"