22. "Because I got high"

Since I accepted helping Noah's sister, I spent most of the day organizing and cleaning out the second bedroom

Since I accepted helping Noah's sister, I spent most of the day organizing and cleaning out the second bedroom. It wasn't messy; it just held many storage items until I figured out what to do with them. It was smaller, but what more could a six-year-old need? The stay is temporary, and I hope I didn't off more than I could chew. I tried not to stress, but I couldn't help it. 

By late afternoon, I had finally showered and dressed for the day. I put on a white strapped collared crop top with oversized striped pants and white tennis shoes since it was hot. My hair was in a half-up, half-down style with minimal to no makeup. The only thing I had planned was to walk around the neighborhood, getting used to my surroundings. There were tons of shops, clothing stores, and bars. It was mostly college apparel.

After my episode of Supernatural ended, I turned off my new TV, hearing someone lightly tapping on the door

After my episode of Supernatural ended, I turned off my new TV, hearing someone lightly tapping on the door. It caught me by surprise, and I wasn't sure if it was Noah dropping off Emereigh. I panicked a bit, knowing my apartment isn't ready.

I stood in place, balling my fist together before swinging the door back. "Brooklyn?" I jerked my neck, shocked that it was her. It's not that I don't want to help Noah; I just need more time. "Hey." I pushed.

With one hand on her hip, she smiled and said, "Hey, Cassie. Can I come in?"

"Yeah, sure," I opened the door, letting her walk past me. I watched her blonde hair swing as she glanced around my apartment, seeing it almost fully furnished. I was proud of myself for getting this far, and it's my first apartment.

With a shaky voice, I asked, "Is everything okay?" I had no clue what she wanted, but I didn't want to be rude. She was nice enough to take me shopping and stuff all of my purchases into her SUV.

"I just wanted to see if you wanted to hang out. I haven't seen much of California, yet." Brooke turned to face me, pushing her sunglasses atop her head.

That was my plan, anyway. I slowly started to smile. "Me, either. What do you want to do?"

I called out a few ideas, walking down the Beach Plaza strip, and acting like obvious tourists, but I started thinking outside of the box. Something I did before and never got the chance to do it again. "We could go bowling?" I suggested.