28. "Urgent meeting"

I was in my apartment for ten minutes max when I got a text about an urgent meeting at The Playroom

I was in my apartment for ten minutes max when I got a text about an urgent meeting at The Playroom. Whatever it was, it had to have been important because no one is allowed inside when the club is closed unless the boss asks you to be. The last time I got called in, Zane punched me, and I couldn't do shit.

As I annoyingly left my apartment, Cassie was in the hallway. "You got the text too?" I asked

She nodded. "Yup. Any idea what it's about?"

"No," I closed the door behind me. "You riding with me again?"

Cassie vibrated her lips. "Guess so. I mean, we are going to the same place." She faintly smiled, walking past me to the staircase.

Once we got situated on the bike for a second time, Cassie tightly wrapped her arms around my torso as I quickly took my normal route to work. I couldn't help but wonder what the hell was going on or if it had something to do with Courtney and me. I doubt it, but I still had to be alert.

When I pulled up and parked, Cassie quickly took her helmet off before me and walked inside of the discrete building. I'm sure it was part of her plan, making sure no one saw us pulling up together, but we're neighbors. I don't mind helping until she gets a car, but I'm usually the one to offer.

As I pulled the double doors back, Courtney gave me a foul look, rolling her eyes as she gathered her belongings. "Oh, look who it is. I know you saw me texting and calling you."

I stopped and faced her sectional desk. "Do you have something to with this fucking meeting, Court?"

"Why would you think that?" She asked, dramatically throwing her arms on the wooden desk.

I snickered. "You're petty as hell and up Zane's ass all the time. What is the meeting for then?" I questioned, feeling relieved. Courtney blew up my phone for two days straight, leaving fucked up paragraphs. And I know how she is because I've known her for a while from working here.

"Fuck you, seriously." She stomped past me and glanced over her shoulder. "Go over there and see yourself."

I rolled my neck and watched her walk in front of me until Cassie caught my eye. She leaned against the bar, talking to Lily with her back arched and her hair flowing down. What bothers me is that she doesn't have to do shit to be sexy; she is naturally. And now, since I tasted her, I wanted more, but that's dead.

Not paying attention, I bumped into someone. "I feel like you did that on purpose," Lyric's words rolled off her tongue in that accent that I loved. "Watch where you're going, G."

I laughed and stepped back. "I don't have to bump into you to get you to talk to me," I said confidently, watching Lyric run her hands through her long blonde locks. I'm not used to seeing the strippers in regular clothes, or clothes in general.

"Oh, yeah?" She pursed her lips together. "All these little girls give you the time of day, but I don't. That's why you can't stop trying; you like it." She curled her tongue and winked.