70. "Live for the thrill"

All night, they were playing upbeat, fast pace songs until I came out from the bathroom, hearing the music had slowed down

All night, they were playing upbeat, fast pace songs until I came out from the bathroom, hearing the music had slowed down. My dress blew behind me as I walked through the sand, trying to locate Gael. To my surprise, he was still on the dance floor, talking with another guy a little older than him. We had been dancing for so long, and my drunkness started to falter, but I felt amazing.

Like the guy knew I was coming back to dance, he ended the conversation as I wrapped my arms around my boyfriend from behind. I laid my head on his back and held his stomach, listening to the sharp sounds of his breathing vibrating through my head.

I swayed, feeling the breeze tickle over my skin and the lights shine on my face. It was like we were in the spotlight, and everything around me faded out. I lightly kissed Gael's shoulder before sliding my hand to the side of his face, turning him toward me.

When our eyes connected, I slowly ran my hands down his chest as he gripped my waist. I didn't take him as the slow dancing type, neither was I, but he surprises me and myself. Every day in this relationship, I noticed things that I didn't know about myself and how far I'm willing to go for someone I adore.

Gael pressed his forehead against mine as my hands found their way to his neck, looking into each other's eyes as we slowly moved together. I raked my fingers at the nape of his neck, feeling the music on a different level.

No words were said just us, and the music. Right before I knew it, Gael spun me around, and I fell into his broad chest. Being with him is like having all the gaps in my life filled that I didn't know needed to be. Like having your head above the clouds, but your feet on the ground. In other words, it's like being lost in the right direction; it just seems right, and it's a new craving that I had. My entire life, I've been fighting for someone to care for me, to love me, and I'm so scared to fuck that up. Most people dream of winning the lottery, or power, amongst other things, but I just want happiness. I want to be wanted and loved, as I've never experienced before. I want to be the thing that makes someone smile in the morning, like coffee when you take the first sip.

~~

As the night started to end, I pulled Gael away from the crowd, standing under a tree. The hotel staff brought some of the food items back inside as it was a little after one in the morning. We were both exploding with energy, enjoying the night sky and small specs of stars. We hadn't noticed that Noah and Brooke left, but I hoped they enjoyed themselves.

The music had stopped, and everyone was busy, putting everything away. I grabbed Gael's arm and exclaimed. "Want to do something crazy?" I chewed on my bottom lip, waiting for his response.

"Like what?" He arched his eyebrow.

"No questions," I rolled my neck back, looking up at him. "Wait. Where's the pool?"

"Thought you said no questions?" Gael tested, letting me know there should be signs in the hotel, pointing us in the direction of the pool. I grabbed his hand, leading him toward the entrance. I didn't want to ask the front desk because I'm sure it was closed and didn't want them getting any ideas of where we were headed.