5. "Love is an open door"

I impatiently stood in line at the breakfast buffet, waiting for another batch of bacon

I impatiently stood in line at the breakfast buffet, waiting for another batch of bacon. The older men in front of me damn near took the entire tray, leaving scraps, and all I wanted was bacon.

I glanced back at Noah, seeing him stuffing his face. My stomach growled as I tried taking my mind off the hunger. Last night, I forgot to eat dinner and survived only with beer. Or at least I think I did.

I noticed the line getting longer, everyone waiting for bacon. I threw my head back, mumbling the song on the overhead speaker. It was Love is an open door from Frozen. Don't ask.

"Excuse me," The blonde behind me tapped my shoulder, trying to get my attention. At first, I ignored her because I've been out of it all morning, but then I turned around, seeing her contorted facial expression.

"Yeah?" I answered.

She rotated which leg she stood on and exhaled. "Do you think you can hold my place and watch these while I run to the bathroom?"

I furrowed my eyebrows, breaking eye contact when I saw Cassie walk into the dining room. Like a magnet, I watched her until she caught me staring, and the blonde cleared her throat.

"You want me, someone you don't know, to watch your stuff? You think that's smart?" I mean, most women or anyone is smart about those things. Not saying I'm some creep who will drug her or something, but people do.

"Please," She scoffed, pushing her shoulder-length hair behind her back. "I just watched you mouth the words to a frozen song. You're harmless. Now, will you?"

I didn't have a comeback for that one. I laughed under my breath and said, "I got you."

She set her plate and drink on the table and flashed a smile before running to the bathroom. I have two nieces, and sometimes I have to sit through the same fucking movies all the time. One happens to be Frozen, and it's catchy. Sue me.

I have a soft spot for those girls, and I'll watch the same movie over if it makes them happy. I've been around them since they were little and look at them like sisters. I love kids, and they love me because of my personality.

I cautiously glanced around the dining room for Cassie, but she disappeared that quickly.

By the time the girl came back and the bacon finally came out, I went back to the table to eat. I noticed Noah only had waffles on his plate, and I'm sure he was going to get up for seconds.

Not intentionally, I remained quiet, focusing on the food in front of me.

"Alright," Noah said, "who is she?"

I shot my head up, confused, and laughed. "Who is who."

My reply stopped him from biting into his waffle. "This girl you're thinking about, and don't deny it because we both know how you get." He said. It's not that I want a relationship because commitment is not my thing, but there's something mysterious about Cassie that I couldn't stop thinking about. It's obvious that she's beautiful, but she won't give me the time of day. And that's new for me.