29. "A whole new world"

It had just turned twelve when I got home from meeting a guy selling an old 2013 Chevy Malibu

It had just turned twelve when I got home from meeting a guy selling an old 2013 Chevy Malibu. It didn't take long because the guy was nice, and I knew the car would be shit. It had high mileage and looked like it had been through hell and back, but it works for now. It was cheap. Who cares? Even though I didn't want to tap into my savings until I built it back up, I'm proud of myself for taking this step without help. I wanted the car to be able to commute without Ubering all the time and asking Gael. It was very sweet of him to keep offering, but I don't want to overdo it.

And about work, I had a lot rushing through my mind. For one, I couldn't believe Brooke hooked up with a stripper, and Zane dared to have the whole club there to hear. No matter what she did, no one deserves to be embarrassed in front of everyone like that. Maybe it was his way of proving his point, alerting us of the circumstances if you disobey the company policy. However, I didn't like him being in my face about my name and adoption. What the hell does that have to do with anything? And how does he even know that? I know that he shouldn't be able to talk to people like that, employees or not. It bothered me, and I hated Zane even more than I did before. But it's a job, and all bosses are assholes. My last boss tried to hook up with everyone he employed, but it didn't work for me. So much happened in the last few days, and I couldn't stop thinking, as usual.

After I finished grabbing my loungewear, I went straight into the shower. I turned the water to the hottest setting and stripped out of my clothes. I needed a second to unwind, and listening to the shower water does that. Once I stepped on the stoned gravel, I let the water trickle over my hair, feeling my skin warm up.

I was still in shock that I told Gael a part of me that I've never told anyone. Besides Erin, but she found out on her own. It's a lot to process, and I knew he didn't exactly know what to say. I don't expect him to. I wasn't planning on telling him, but it just slipped out of my mouth, and I couldn't stop myself. I'm not sure if that means I'm building the trust between us, but I hope it doesn't blow up in my face if I do.

The water ran in rivulets down my back as I lathered the soap in my cloth. I washed my body, smoothing the bubbles down my skin and running my hands down every curve. I inhaled the cucumber and coconut scent while washing myself off.

I wiped my hands up my face and through my wet hair. Instinctively, I dragged my hands down my soaked body, stopping on my stiff nipple. While my other hand dragged across my stomach, I circled my thumb around my nipple, biting down on my lip.

My mind went straight to Gael and the way he handled my body in the hotel room. He was gentle with me but rough at the same time. It surprised me. Hell, I surprised myself. As much as I wanted to forget and let it be behind us, I couldn't. I desperately wanted his hands and lips everywhere on my body, but knowing it couldn't happen, made it worse.

Closing my eyes, I slowly made circles around my thigh, giving myself goosebumps. My hand kept going further until I reached my core and lightly breathed out, whimpering, and I barely touched myself.