46. "The now"

It was still early after I finished working out with Noah and doing laps around the campsite

It was still early after I finished working out with Noah and doing laps around the campsite. It was a brisk morning, the fresh air filling my lungs, refreshing my mind. It felt different up here, pure and clean, much different than LA even though we were three hours away.

I managed to get in three miles before meeting up with Noah in the kitchen. I started the coffee pot, heavily breathing as I used a napkin to wipe the sweat on my face.

I gripped the countertop and leaned forward to catch my breath. "You want coffee?" I asked him as it finished brewing and poured a cup. I don't get to enjoy coffee often because I wake up too late, but I do when I get the chance.

"Never liked coffee," Noah declined and grabbed a water bottle before sitting down. "How was your night?"

I pulled out a chair and took a seat, cracking my neck. "Uh, I fell asleep on Cassie, you?" I breathed through my nose, taking a long sip of coffee. I tried fighting my sleep last night, but I randomly got tired when she wanted to stay up.

"Jerked off in the bathroom then passed out," Noah grunted and finished his water bottle. "I'm hungry."

"Sucks to be you; Cassie is always down." I gulped down the hot liquid and laughed at Noah's comment. Usually, I initiate sex, but with Cassie, it's different. And no, it's not always about sex, but I don't mind. "Me too, you cooking?"

Noah tightened his mouth. "So was Brooklyn until recently; now she has rules and standards," He mocked, getting up to look in the fridge but didn't have any luck. "Why can't the girls cook?" He asked.

I leaned back in the wooden chair and rubbed my hands down my chest. "Guess you back to them lotion days." I laughed and stretched my arms out. "But I don't even have to initiate sex anymore. She just goes for it, no questions asked."

"The fuck is this, Freaky Friday, and they switched roles?" Noah said, looking in the refrigerator for a second time. "I'm starving; where's my baby Rachel when you need her?"

"Shit, I guess," I grunted. "I'll tell her to drive down and make food or get Cassie's ass up to cook."

"Yeah, let them cook. I'm going to take a shower," Noah said before jogging up the steps. I followed after him to get Cassie up and shower before figuring out what the hell to do today. I didn't have my bike, and Noah's probably using his truck, so it limits plans.

By the time I got to our room, I had pushed the door open, expecting to scare Cassie out of her sleep, but she wasn't in bed. She was in the shower with the music blasting, oblivious to me calling her name. Now, I wasn't going to bother her, but I needed to shower, and she left the door cracked.

I pushed it open, seeing Cassie with her back turned towards me, rubbing the water through her hair. She seemed out of it, enjoying the glassless shower, dropping her hands and roaming them over her wet body.