60. "Trouble in paradise"

After work, I had spent all hours of the night trying to force myself to sleep but couldn't

After work, I had spent all hours of the night trying to force myself to sleep but couldn't. I switched positions, going in and out of the blanket and moving from the bottom to the top. Nothing worked, and I knew that I was drained and needed sleep. I shouldn't have gone off on Gael, but I blurt whatever is on my mind without thinking of the consequences when I get mad. Yes, it was the truth, but I'm not the type to pressure someone of their beliefs, even though it hurts. I felt horrible and embarrassed and wanted to text him, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I took my anger out on him, and he didn't deserve that. I doubt he'd want to have anything to do with me after that. Who would? I mean, my life is all over the place, sad and miserable. Maybe this was a good thing?

As soon as I saw the smallest amount of sunlight, I got in the shower. It took me longer than usual because I stood there for thirty minutes, feeling the warm water hit my skin.

After some time, I washed up and got out to dry myself off. I used another towel to soak up my wet hair before throwing on a robe and stepping out of the steamy bathroom.

I sat on my bed, brushing through my wet hair, debating on what to say to Gael. I'm the kind of person that admits to my wrongs, whether I like it or not. And I didn't want him thinking it was all his fault.

I grabbed my phone and hovered my thumb over his text thread, but I deleted it as I started typing. Things like this shouldn't be over text because tone's get misunderstood and worsens the situation.

"Cassie," I dropped my phone, hearing Brooklyn's voice travel through my apartment.

I ran out of my room and glanced down the railing. "Brooke?" I knew it was her, but I didn't mind. It just took me by surprise. I adjusted the straps on my robe and made my way downstairs.

"I brought wine. We need to talk," Brooke whined, laying back on the couch. She had her curly hair into a bun with black, loose clothing and Ugg's.

I quickly glanced at the wine bottle with two glasses on the table before taking a seat near Brooke's feet. "I take it as if your day was as bad as mine?" I asked, seeing the distressed look on her face.

"Worse."

"Maybe we should open the wine before I ask you what's wrong?" I said, dropping my shoulders. How is it that we're both going through something at the same time. But when am I not?

Brooklyn nodded and rolled over on her stomach to grab the glasses off the table. Then she poured an even amount of red wine into the cup and passed it to me. It was a little early to drink, but I had nothing to lose. I was probably going to spend my day grocery shopping to put my mind at ease, hopefully.

I took a quick sip as my face twisted. "What's going on? Is everything okay?"

"My parents are here, and so is my ex; everything is far from okay. And Noah is pissed at me. I mean, pissed! I don't want to make him mad, but I can't go against my mom, you know?" She muttered. In a way, I kind of knew it had something to do about what happened at the game.