65. "I'm all in"

"Chill the fuck out or leave," I jumped at the loud screaming coming from the stage

"Chill the fuck out or leave," I jumped at the loud screaming coming from the stage. Trying to be nosy, I knocked the drink over in front of me, causing it to drip down my legs. I bounced back from the counter, cursing under my breath and grabbing a rag to clean myself off. It was a normal night, not too busy, and tips were decent. Well, it started insanely busy, to the point that I had to help the bottle girls, but it calmed down some.

"Fuck," I heard another groan over the loud music, but I kept trying to catch the vodka before it sunk into my thigh-high boots.

"Can I get some napkins, Cassie," I looked up, seeing Nate holding his head back and pinching his nose.

I dropped the damp rang and grabbed a handful of towels. "Oh, my God. You're bleeding." I'm guessing he had something to do with the loud commotion near the stage.

Nate took the wad of napkins and quickly plugged his nose. "I didn't even notice," He joked, laughing under his breath. He seemed a bit deranged but still kept laughing and smiling under the circumstances.

"Oh, how we have the best job," I mused, rolling my eyes. My eyes connected to my phone screen as my ringer went off, but I didn't recognize the number. I silenced the call and looked back up toward my coworker after I made a makeshift ice bag. "What happened over there?"

"Some drunk asshole kept trying to touch Lyric after she kept telling him to stop. Zeke tried pushing him back but elbowed me by accident." He laughed, shaking it off. "How's everything going for you tonight?"

"Ouch," I muttered. "Besides spilling a drink all over my legs, tips are fine, I guess. Knock on wood." I imitated knocking on the table and shrugged both shoulders. Nate looked like he had something to say but excused himself to the bathroom because his nose wouldn't stop bleeding, and it was unsanitary.

After wiping the whole counter to be safe, I briefly made eye contact with Gael and stared longer than I should've. A few days ago, I found myself thinking space was the smartest thing to do to figure out what we both wanted. But as I think about it and look at him, I had second thoughts. No, I'm not saying space wasn't needed, but it's only been a few days, and I miss him so much. I miss him being that person for me, someone to talk to, bother, kiss, and feel a way that I've never felt before.

He slowly walked, unable to rip his eyes away from me. I painted a small smile on my face, flickering my eyelashes until Gael ran into someone in front of him, and that quick, the staredown was over.

Not paying attention, I answered my phone after it started going off. I still had Gael on the brain, and I couldn't wait until work was over so that I could end this charade between us.

"Hello?" I answered with an attitude, knowing I shouldn't be on the phone during work. I almost hung up from the long pause until I heard noises in the background. I glanced around, making sure the bar was clear and everyone seemed busy not noticing me taking a call.