19. "Death machine"

I spent most of the morning trying to call my mom, but she's been blowing me off

I spent most of the morning trying to call my mom, but she's been blowing me off. I know she's mad that I left, but what did she expect?

I have no idea what to think, but my anxiety got the best of me. Even though our relationship is far from the best, I care about her. I mean, she's my mother, and sometimes I wish that she just acted like it. I know she's capable because we had that bond before, but I feel so alone. At one point, I thought it was great and independent being a loner, but I'm tired of not feeling loved by anyone. It was almost to the point that if I disappeared, no one would know or care.

I lounged around all day, not leaving my apartment until it was time to get ready for work. I'm surprised and grateful that I landed a job this quickly that can hopefully take my mind off everything. I came into the workplace with a mindset that I have to make the best of it. I need the money.

After taking a hot shower and shaving, I skipped blowing out my hair and let it run wild. I knew it would puff up, but it made me look edgy and wild, but sexy if that made sense. I didn't want a dramatic makeup look because that's not me, but I did cover my cheeks with blush, coat my eyelashes, and contoured my nose. To highlight my tanned skin, I added a soft peach lip before heading to my closet.

Back in Florida, the club I worked in wasn't this high-end, so I would generally wear short shorts and a crop top, but seeing Lily, I don't know if that will pass.

I had spent twenty minutes thumbing through my hangers and drawers until I found something to catch eyes on the first day. I didn't want to be the odd girl when all of those women are beautiful.

I slipped on a black high waisted thong set with a matching bra and black stockings. I didn't put on jewelry because I liked the naked look even though my entire ass was out. I had to wear a jacket to leave the house because I could never go out in public like this or be in a car with whoever is taking me to work.

I sprayed myself down with perfume before calling an Uber. I hope I can make enough tips tonight to cover the cost of the ride because that adds up.

~~

It was seven-forty-five when I pulled up to The Playroom and thanked the driver. The sun was slowly trying to go down, making it the twilight hour. I felt the nerves as I walked to the double doors, earning a smile from the bulky security guard.

The music was already blaring through the speakers, making the floor feel like it was vibrating. The DJ seemed into his tunes as he went over the soundtrack, pumping up for the rush tonight. I've seen this place in action, and I'm hoping it's a good night.

"Cassie, I see you've made it," Courtney said, welcoming me on my first day. Unlike yesterday, her hair was in a ponytail highlighting her feminine features. "Let's get you settled in because we're running low on time."

I nodded and followed her to the bar. She opened up a hidden door behind the counter, letting me know I could keep my belongings hidden here. Once I dropped my jacket, I adjusted my bra and pushed my stockings up. I shifted the front of my hair to the side and leveled up with her. She gave me a few pointers and to mostly be relaxed before she gave me to Lily.