Epilogue

7 Months Later

7 Months Later

"He's so perfect, Gael," I said, staring at my beautiful baby boy. He put me through so much pain, but it all went away the second I held him in my arms. He was tiny, weighing six pounds and nine ounces with a full head of hair. As I held him for the first time, he smiled as Gael hovered over us. Usually, babies are a screaming mess, but my baby was peaceful laying on my chest. I couldn't stop staring, starting to cry. I got my boy.

I softly kissed the top of his head, lingering in the position. "Do you want to hold him?"

Gael hesitated like he was scared he would do it wrong or drop him. I had been in labor for sixteen hours because he was so stubborn, too comfortable. And it was funny because my water broke at work and my students thought I peed myself. I did get the job as a full-time English teacher, and it's only a start. I knew that I wanted to be a teacher but had no clue if I would be any good at it, but I surprised myself.

And Gael, his photography has been flourishing. So many people and companies are hiring him, paying good money. I mean, he had to quit training at the gym because he got too busy. He still has time before he buys a studio, but we have a plan. There's no more Mr. Right Now for this guy.

As he stepped closer, I leaned forward, positioning our son in his cradled arms. "You said if it were a boy, you would name him. So?" Gael whispered, stepping away while bouncing. I couldn't reply right away. All I could do was stare, admiring my boyfriend in dad mode. He was so gentle, looking at him like he wanted to cry.

I adjusted my uncomfortable position, making sure my chest was covered. I wanted nothing more than to get out of this hospital, but we had to stay for a few days.

"AJ," I mumbled, watching Gael flicker his eyes in my direction. "I named him AJ, and I hope you like it," I admitted, watching him freeze up.

A couple of months ago, when all that shit went down with Zane, we all lost ourselves. When I saw Terrence in the room when I almost shot Zane, he was there to kill him. Apparently, he was planning it for a while because of his nephew, but it was a coincidence that we all went on the same night. Gael, Noah, and I could've gone to jail for what we did, but Terrence pled guilty to everything. It eats me up every single day, but he told Gael that he knew of his consequences and needed Zane gone forever. I disagree because he has a family, and they're miserable without him, but we've been there as much as we could. My heart breaks for all of them because I wish there were something that I could do.

"I love that, baby," Gael nodded with a small smile. Then he looked down at AJ, his voice strained. "You hear that, little guy? You got a badass name, and maybe when you get older, I can tell you all about it. If your mom lets me."

AJ wrapped his hand around Gael's pinky as he held him close to his chest. "You're going to be such a great dad," I mumbled, feeling a gang of tears dribble down my cheeks. This is the first time in so long that I've been this happy. Don't get me wrong, I've been happy, but not like this. I had it all. And now a family of my own.