8. "Our lives are in danger"

"Are you looking for Gael?" She asked

"Are you looking for Gael?" She asked. I slowly nodded, awkwardly standing in the doorway. "Here's not here, neither is Noah."

I dramatically rolled my eyes and palmed my forehead. Where could they both be? It's early as fuck in the morning, and Noah just left her in the suite. Very sweet, curly head.

Brooklyn didn't seem too happy about them disappearing either. But instead of her helping me find them, she slams the door in my face. I know that I can be rude sometimes, but that was just fucked up. I stood dumbfounded, trying to figure out if that was fake or not.

"Whatever," I sighed under my breath, backing away from the door to head to my room. This is why I stay to myself. Everyone is just no good in my book, and that's why I have trust issues.

Halfway down the hall, I turned around, hearing a faint voice behind me. "Wait up!" It was Brooklyn again after she closed the door on me. I stopped and watched her run towards me, deciding what to say because I did not get over that yet. "Maybe we can find them together? I'm Brooklyn."

I slowly blinked with a dry expression on my face. But then I smiled.

Ah, what the hell. "I'm Cassie."

"I know," She said in a light tone, looking down at me. I stared into her light-brown, almost hazel colored eyes, and discretely tried standing on my tip-toes. The girl was tall, like Amazon tall, and I felt little beside her. Even though our height difference wasn't that bad, I hated looking up to people. I'd like to think my height is average.

After our awkward meet-up, we started our search for the boys. I no longer cared about finding Gael, but I didn't have anything else to do. He promised me and left me hanging, so I had a problem with that.

Brooklyn and I stumbled around the ship, talking about nothing but how drunk we were, and approached the restricted end of the boat. It was dark and cold, giving me chills. I don't think they would come this far, but we kept walking. 

"I don't think we're supposed to be back here." I tried whispering, but it sounded more like a whining dog. I paused to laugh under my breath at my stupidity as I held my balance on a nearby wall.

I didn't hear her reply, so I kept walking, but something caught my eye. I squinted and saw a trio of men, dressed in all black gripping up another man. I was two seconds from defending the helpless man until Brooklyn pulled me back and covered my mouth.

I tried telling her that we needed to help him, but it was inaudible. I wiggled in her arms, trying to push her off me, but her grip was too firm.

"Be quiet." She whispered, repeating for me to remain quiet.

When she finally let me go, I peeked through the opening with wide eyes. Two guys were disguised, covered head to toe, looking over their shoulders while the other two repeatedly punched the bloody guy. Blow after blow, I winced, wanting to help, but I wasn't sure if that was a smart idea. And luckily, they didn't see us.

Who is fucking sick enough to stand there and watch them beat someone?

I quietly gasped, sobering up, unable to move from my position.

"What are they doing," Brooklyn asked, but my mouth wouldn't move. I know I couldn't take them, and I doubt Brooklyn could, but I hated just standing here.

Brook nudged me out of the way, standing in front of me to get a better look for herself. As I looked over her shoulder, I almost blew our cover, panting as I listened to his cries for help. He could barely stand up without the other guy keeping him on his toes. His head hung low with a stream of blood dripping from his mouth.

"I'm gonna be sick," I held my hand to my mouth and clutched my stomach. What the hell pissed them off this much to beat him to a pulp on a fucking cruise?

"Please!" The victim begged. I couldn't help but cry, feeling useless. Brooklyn kept telling me to remain still because who knows what they would do to us, but I felt guilty.

"No one steals from Boss and gets away with it," The bulky guy said, pulling out a knife.

"No, No, No," I mumbled, hearing my voice crack.

When the knife met the poor man's flesh, my heart nearly sunk into my ass. I balled my fist and hyperventilated, trying to stop myself from making any noise. The blade twisted and rotated in his chest as he fought for his life. It was agonizing. I shook, unable to control my body. The knife pushed so far that I couldn't see it anymore, and the man went mute. As he removed the blade, the man went limp, blood staining the knife.

I stepped away as the warm tears crowded my vision. I couldn't catch my breath. It was all too much for me. Did I just witness a fucking murder?

"That's enough, Ronnie," the other man barked loud enough for me to hear.

"What do you we do with the body?" His partner asked.

"Let 'em swim with the fishes - boss's orders."

I dropped to the ground, pushing my knees to my chest, and covered my ears. I closed my eyes and counted in my mind as I rocked. I couldn't fucking move or think straight. I've been through a lot of shit, but I've never witnessed anything like this.

I almost had a heart attack, feeling Brooklyn yank my arm. When I got up, she pushed us in the opposite direction and ran.

I was stunned. The entire run to the elevator, I remained silent. My head pounded as I used to wall to prevent me from falling. Brooklyn rapidly clicked the button, waiting for the doors to open.

We're going to be next if this elevator doesn't fucking hurry up.

We both kept glimpsing over our shoulders, paranoid, hearing things that weren't probably there.

"What the fuck was that?!" I winced, tapping the button faster.

Once the elevator dinged, we both rushed in, standing on opposite sides.

"I don't know!" She said in a low voice.

"We just saw someone die," I screamed, unable to blink.

"I know!" Brook slumped over, trying her hardest to catch her breath, but nothing worked.

Once the doors opened, I ran, fighting with my mind.

Then it came to me. "We have to tell someone." I panicked.

"Okay, let's think about this—" Brooklyn tried talking me out of it, but why? That man did not deserve to fucking die on a boat and be forgotten. No one does.

She called for me as I scurried down the hall, desperately looking for help. I didn't care who; I just needed to tell someone.

Then, like my prayers were answered, I spotted an employee. He must've noticed the frantic look on my face as I ran over to him. "Sir, there's, I—" I couldn't get my words out. "You need to follow me. I just saw someone get murdered on the boat. We have to warn everyone that there's fucking maniacs on the ship."

He kept telling me to lower my voice. "Ma'am, you've had too much to drink. Please go back to your cabin as it's almost six in the morning."

"No!" I yelled, "Are you hearing me? I just said someone is dead."

He took a glimpse around the area. "You have to believe me. I saw it with my own eyes!" I yelled. 

Fuck. He was looking at me like I was some crazy drunk woman. And I was, but not this time. Well, the crazy part.

"Why don't you believe me?!" My nose flared with anger as I cried. He raised his voice over me and told me to get into my room before security got involved. Then, he walked away like I hadn't just warned him about a murder.

All of our lives are in danger.