76. "153"

"Cassie?" Gael yelled from behind me

"Cassie?" Gael yelled from behind me. I aggressively stomped to my room, irritation and anger surged through my body. I tried to focus on my breathing because I could physically feel the rage wanting to come out. And I knew it was mostly from my hormones being out of whack, but this is the icing on the cake. "Just stop for a second! Please?" He begged as I stopped and paused near my front door. I had so many emotions running through me—betrayal, anger, sadness, and hell, even horny.

I froze in place, raising my hand but dropped it. I took in a large shaky breath, feeling my chest rise as I teared up. Once I reopened my eyes, I said, "I have nothing to say to you. Just leave me alone." My words came off stronger and more intense than I thought.

I never thought Gael would hurt me or lie to me about something like this. When you find that love that you've been craving and then it blows up in your face. I mean, anything could've happened, and he kept it from me for so long. I told him everything, and now it feels like everything is a big lie.

As I opened my door, Gael appeared beside me, pushing his palm into the door. "Then just listen." He blocked my way, looking down at me, but I avoided eye contact.

I angrily pushed past him, nudging my shoulder against his with force. "Why should I, Gael?" I scoffed. "Don't answer that because I don't care. I-I don't fucking care, okay?"

Not listening, Gael slammed the door behind him as I started cleaning up the living room. "I fucked up, and you have every right to be mad at me. But we gotta talk."

"Okay. Then let me be mad," I balled a blanket in my hand and threw it on the couch. "We had over seven months to talk! Did that not occur to you? You broke my heart. You get that?" I yelled, stomping my feet to the ground before fixing my throw pillows.

When I turned around, Gael rubbed his hands down his face and heavily sighed. "You know me, Cassie. That wasn't my intention," his voice strained.

My cheeks flushed as I felt my face stiffen. After I caught my breath, I asked, "Do I, though? Do I fucking know you, Gael? My boyfriend talked to me about anything, and he also promised not to hurt me," I shook my head and tried blinking the unwanted tears away. "You had me actually believing that fate was real, but this is a lie. You set this up and set me up, you asshole," I shouted. Gael looked surprised because I've never got this way or yelled at him. This isn't me, and we both know it. But it was almost like all my wounds reopened. Here I am, thinking he's my safe place, but yet, he opened me to new danger after I just wanted to run away.

"Don't fucking be like that," Gael said, sorrow in his voice. I dropped the unnecessary clutter in my hands and slowly walked toward him. I silently stood next to him, watching his jaw rotate as his eyebrows narrowed.

"You know what the worst part is?" I pointed my finger into his chest, angrily meeting his eyes. Then he gave me a funny look. "You said we have to talk, right? So, I'm talking."