34. "Giving in"

"You going to keep making this a habit," Gael said as I fell on my bed

"You going to keep making this a habit," Gael said as I fell on my bed. The night felt like it was never going to end. After the party, Gael, Noah, Brooklyn, and I went to an after-hours spot for food. Noah was drunk, being obnoxiously loud and annoying, but it was entertaining. "Me babysitting your ass when you drink?" Gael continued.

I kicked my legs up in the air and laughed. "Calm down. I'm not even that drunk. And it was only one time."

Gael mocked me, heading towards the door. "Want to see me walk in a straight line?" I asked.

"Says everyone who's drunk," He laughed, "What you doing tomorrow around lunch?"

I hummed and pushed my lips together. "Probably nothing. Why? Are you trying to invite me out?"

He shrugged one shoulder. "A friend of mine invited me to lunch with his family. He works at the club but more of an outside man. Want to come?"

"I'll have Emmy. Is that still okay?"

Gael nodded. "Yeah, he has two girls." I mouthed okay, keeping my eyes on him as he slowly backed away. "I'll see you tomorrow then?"

I abruptly sat up. "Wait? You're leaving?"

"That's what comes next," He breathed out, wetting his lips. "Yes."

I sucked in my bottom lip, looked away, and said, "You don't wanna stay?"

With a grin, Gael said, "Do you want me to?"

"I asked, didn't I?"

"Technically, you didn't," He pushed, "But I'm going to go to my apartment real quick, and then I'll come back."

~~

After cleaning myself off and brushing my teeth, I wrapped a towel around my body and stepped out of the steaming bathroom. I fanned myself, trying to cool down before noticing Gael sitting on my bed, removing the watch from his wrist.

He was shirtless, wearing shorts, and his hair still messy. He stopped what he was doing and brought his glare to me. I held my towel up with my hands, staring, shocked that he beat me out of the shower. I didn't do that on purpose.

I broke contact and started walking towards my dresser to grab pajamas. Trying to make the moment less awkward, I said, "I thought you took long showers?"

Gael cleared his throat after yawning. "If I took too long, you would've gone to sleep. Tell me I'm wrong."

I teased. "You're wrong," Once I grabbed my clothes, I turned around, seeing that Gael never ripped his orbs away from me. I swallowed the lump caught in my throat, feeling my body grow hot all over. It seemed to get harder and harder pushing off Gael, especially by how he looks at me and the smirk that creases on his face. I've never been one to give in easily, but something about him gets me going every time he's near me. Maybe it's because this is the safest I've felt in a long time. He told me he kept looking for me at the party, making sure I was okay, and I never had anyone do that.