38. "Silence is key"

Just as I was about to call it a night, I heard my phone ringing

Just as I was about to call it a night, I heard my phone ringing. It was late, probably around midnight, and I could only think of it being Gael. I sent him a risky text, craving his company tonight, but I didn't hear back from him. I figured he was busy and didn't want to seem...desperate.

"Brooke," I breathed out, answering my phone, confused. "Hey."

"Cassie, I'm at the hospital. Can you come get me?" Brooke asked, heavily breathing. I jumped up, ignoring the loud noises in her background.

I gasped, feeling my shoulders tense. "What? Are you okay? What hospital?" I asked a mile a minute.

Brooke breathed into the phone and muttered. "I'm fine. It's not me, it's the boys, but I'll explain later. I'm sending my location; just hurry, please."

I jumped off the bed. "Okay, I'm on my way!"

I took wide, quick steps to gather my belongings before throwing a jacket on. I didn't bother changing out of my pajamas, which consisted of splattered sweatpants and a white crop top. I zipped my coat, noticing my shirt was see-through and darted out of my apartment after I grabbed my keys.

When I got inside the car, I heard my phone go off. I thought it was Brooke again, but it was Courtney:

After tonight's events, The Playroom will be closed until further notice. Due to the NDA's you all signed, if anyone hears anything, you will not share it. If anyone knows anything about the men who did it, please come forward.

What the fuck happened?

The entire way to the car and hospital, my mind went nuts. Brooke said she was fine, but it was the boys, and I tend to think of the most negative thing possible. I hate not knowing because I'm an overthinker, and I kept thinking something was wrong with Gael or Noah.

Gael and I have gotten closer since whatever is happening between us, and I genuinely care about him. I can see how much of a great person he is and is just trying to do better for himself, but at the time, something is holding him back.

And Noah. He's a handful, and it takes a lot of energy to deal with him, but he's a good person. Emereigh would be crushed because I've seen their relationship grow from the moment he dropped her off to me.

Once I realized I started thinking crazy, I blasted music to get out of my mind.

I parked on the curb at the emergency exit and rushed to the revolving doors. Once inside, I rotated my head, looking past the crying families, also waiting to hear something. I did a double-take when I finally saw Gael and Noah, apart and not paying attention.

Gael was sitting in a chair with his head buried in his hands, and Noah stood up, pacing.

"Thank God," Brooklyn pushed herself off the chair and rushed to me as she saw me walk in. Her face was bright red, and she seemed rattled up. "I don't know what happened! We were working, and everything was fine. And then there was a fight, and someone started shooting. I guess AJ got hit, and we rushed him here." She said in one breath, rapidly blinking her blue orbs.