50. "A night in the hills"

It was finally Thursday, and I woke up early to make sure my slow ass was ready before Lily arrived

It was finally Thursday, and I woke up early to make sure my slow ass was ready before Lily arrived. I wanted to finish before I woke Gael up, but he peaked his eyes open and watched me pack my bag, which I had no idea what to bring.

"So, you're staying the night?" He asked in his sleepy voice. "Where?"

I shrugged, throwing dresses and random items into a decently-sized gym bag. "Why are you going to miss me?" I teased, watching him stretch and get himself together.

"No," He laughed and yawned. "I mean, I get the whole bed to myself. But I know Lily likes to do crazy shit and get into some weird stuff. And—"

I cut him off, playfully pushing my lips together. "Aw, are you vaguely trying to get me not to go?" I sucked in my bottom lip and tickled his leg through the blanket.

"I'm vaguely trying to tell you to be careful with her and have fun. And don't twist your ankle because I won't be there to save you." He muttered, clearing his voice. I stood up with a smile on my face and placed soft kisses on his forehead. "Or just stay here."

I popped my lips and checked my phone, seeing Lily had texted me. "I'll see you tomorrow," I said as he gripped my hand and wasn't going to let me go until I yanked it away from his reach. "Lock my door when you leave," I said, leaving the apartment to meet up with Lily.

"I'll think about it," Gael yelled as I grabbed my belongings and left.

When I got downstairs, she had loud music blasting and a random girl yelling from the sunroof. "Hi, I'm Rose, Lily's sister, and yes, that's corny as hell, but nice meeting you." Her dark hair blew with the wind, fanning over her fair skin and bushy eyebrows. She was really pretty, only resembling Lily if you looked hard enough.

I opened the door, throwing my bag in the back before taking a seat. "Hi, I'm Cassie," I said as her sister turned around to get a good look at me.

"Lil said you were hot, but you're smokin' girl." She said with so much energy. "We're going to have so much fun tonight for your early birthday, right? My sister filled me in on the way." She asked.

"Rose!" Lily yelled over the loud rap music. "Shut up so I can say hi!"

Rose flipped her sister off with both hands and slammed back in the chair. "Hey, Cass! I see you met my talkative sister, but I'm so happy you didn't bitch out. Outside of your birthday, we need this excitement before we see our shitty dad next week. Two for one."

"You guys don't like him?" I asked, narrowing my eyebrows. "Then why are you visiting? For your mom?"

My hair blew with the crazy wind as Lily sped down the long highway. "My dad basically disowned me because I work in a strip club, and it's not good for business. We're only being forced to go because daddy has an event that we have to show up for as always." She paused and vibrated her lips. "He's the Mayor of Los Angeles and a complete...dick. Don't be fooled."