54. "I hope you want me"

"You're taking me to the club?" I asked, seeing we were downtown in front of a nightclub called Galactica

"You're taking me to the club?" I asked, seeing we were downtown in front of a nightclub called Galactica. It must've been new because there was an Open Night banner in the center, and it looked dark inside—pitch black. I couldn't see anything, but I went with it. I gave Gael his robe back as he adjusted his costume. "And guess what?" I gave him a toothy smile, eyeing the Los Angeles traffic crowding the sidewalk. Everyone roaming the streets, dressed in costumes, some scary and some slutty. But that's the thing about Halloween. You can be whoever you want to be, and it's excusable.

Gael let me walk in front of him, and he guided us to the entrance. "What?" He replied, his left hand on my back, and the right opened the door.

I remained silent for a second, seeing the lights were off and there was no movement at all. "Uh, that I'm not going to get super...drunk." I glanced over my shoulder and said, "Is this a joke? Maybe their open night didn't turn out so well." I made a joke, earning a laugh from Gael.

Before I could turn around, the lights and music suddenly turned back on as multiple voices yelled, "Surprise!" I sucked in a large breath as my eyes felt like they were going to pop out of my damn head. I didn't recognize anyone from quickly glancing around, but I did see Andre, the DJ from the playroom, and Paris. There were a few of our regulars hanging around that I did notice.

Everyone then resumed partying, not knowing who the hell I was, but how did Gael pull this shit off? I stood rooted to the hardwood floor, unable to speak or think.

Gael slid past me and grabbed my hand. "I wanna' show you something."

With my jaw still dropped to the ground, I said, "I thought you said no more surprises! This is too much for me." I glimpsed around, eyeing the lively crowd, some people at the bar and the others on the dance floor. "In a good way, of course."

It was a little past ten, and there were so many people already.

Gael let me pass him and laid his hand on my ass. "It wasn't all me." He whispered as I stood near a booth decorated with gold balloons with my age, a picture of me, and a banner with my name on it.

I covered my mouth as my eyes stretched again. By the end of the night, I'm sure my face is going to be stuck like that. I was so overwhelmed with the amount of love I got from everyone today, and it's honestly the best day of my life. It's nothing like that feeling of being cared about by others or loved. I internally screamed, jumping around in a full circle seeing Brooke, Noah, Daniel, and Ned all dressed up. Ned was Alan from The Hangover movie, and Daniel was transformed into a drag queen and looked fucking incredible. He had on a fitting bodysuit with stripper heels, big hair, and dramatic eyelashes.

Taken off guard, Ned jumped from his seat, hugged me, and said, "Happy birthday." He handed me a shot of something clear and waited for me to drink it before Daniel hugged me next. I shook my body, trying to brush the foul taste off, realizing it was Tequila.