18. "Fantasy Island"

When I arrived at the discrete night club, I pushed through the double doors, eyeing all the lights

When I arrived at the discrete night club, I pushed through the double doors, eyeing all the lights. They were neon red, blue, and purple with multiple lounge chairs and stripper poles in the center. The stage was shaped like a 'T' with lights and lounge chairs and a raised platform for drinks. I knew from the pictures the club was nice, but this is high-end. Way different than the places I've worked with before.

No one was at the reception desk, and I still had five minutes to blow. I couldn't take my eyes off the girl climbing up the tall pole and dropping to a split. She had long blonde locks with dark roots and messy curls seeping through the front. She gave off an indie vibe, but it was sexy. I was amazed at how she worked the pole and how easy she made it seem. I've been around strippers, but she caught my eye.

"Take it off," Another half-dressed woman shouted over the music. I couldn't see her face because she had her back towards me, but her hair was so long it touched the tip of her ass. The women on stage laughed and threw off her top like it was nothing.

"Can I help you?" I heard a woman clear her throat behind me as I turned around. It was the girl from earlier that snuck out of Gael's apartment. California could not be this fucking small. How awkward.

I watched her face curl as she realized who I was. "You must be Cassie?"

"All my life," I replied.

She walked around the desk and stood beside me. We were almost the same height, but she was an inch taller. And I'm sure it was because of the heels. "I'm Courtney. We spoke over the phone." She introduced herself as the receptionist, and nothing happens without going through her first on the floor.

I faintly smiled. "Yeah. Nice to put a face to the name."

"I won't talk you to death," She said, overly excited. "Let's show you around before the rush comes in an hour, deal?" The club doesn't open until eight, but I have to be here before that as a bartender.

I nodded and said, "This place is insane. I've worked in clubs, but nothing like this." I admitted, still gazing around the set-up. Florida has top-notch strip clubs, but nothing this elegant but sexy at the same time.

"Just wait," Courtney smiled, waving her manicured hands for me to follow her. She had on the same pink pumps from earlier with a skin-tight black dress that clung to her thin shape. "So, this is the main floor where some of the magic happens. It's pretty self-explanatory. The stage, tables, and bars." She made a joke as my eyes fell on the two strippers still practicing. They seemed close, enjoying each other.

I briefly looked at her as she watched. "Who are they?" I asked.

"Oh!" She pushed her brown hair behind her back and trailed her fingers down her tanned arm. "So, we have three high-end strippers here. Lyric and Journey are two of them, which means they're the only ones allowed to dance in private meetings. The other one is Venus, but she's always late. They're also the crowd's favorite and only dance together, as you can see." She proceeded to tell me how they're best friends and the boss's favorite.