【百八】 introductions ‣ pt. 2 [ty, mk, jh, yt]

the summers became something dayoung looked forward to much more than before

the summers became something dayoung looked forward to much more than before. of course, she was upset about not being able to see her mom in the states but her dad and younger brother sometimes came from china to south korea to spend time with her.

the summer of 2012, dayoung landed in seoul for another few months full of training and having fun with her newly found best friend, johnny.

dayoung dragged her suitcase behind her as she exited the plane and looked around. her eyes landed on a cutely decorated sign with her name on it, held by minsoo.

with a wide smile, dayoung jogged over to the woman and let go of her luggage to embrace minsoo in a tight hug.

"hey! don't forget about me!"

lifting her head up from minsoo's torso, the young girl saw johnny standing there.

"johnny!"

he tugged dayoung into his arms and they swayed back and forth, basking in each other's warmth and presence.

"i missed you lots, tiny," johnny mumbled.

dayoung only tightened her grip on his waist until minsoo put her hands on both of their heads. she told them that they should start heading out so that the youngest could settle into her dorm for the summer. the arm around dayoung's shoulders never left as johnny kept her close to his side.

conversations about how they spent their time away from each other filled the car all the way to the entertainment company's dorms.

the exhaustion that dayoung once felt had now evaporated and was replaced with eagerness. johnny told her about the new trainees he made friends with, one being just a year older than the girl.

"are they there now? can i meet them?" she excitedly jumped in her place.

johnny almost audibly cooed at her enthusiasm and looked at minsoo for approval. dayoung followed his gaze and put her hands together.

"pretty please?" she begged.

"are you sure you're not tired from your flight?" the eldest asked, concerned.

"i slept a lot on the plane!"

minsoo sighed but agreed nonetheless much to the trainees' joy. the two cheered together and minsoo couldn't help but shake her head with a small smile on her face.

"we better hurry back to the car if you wanna meet them then," she said.

johnny grabbed dayoung's hand and started running to the elevators, tugging her along and leaving the girl's caretaker to chase after them.

"do you think yuta will teach me japanese if i asked him?" dayoung questioned, looking up at johnny as they walked through sm's lobby.

"i don't see why not," he shrugged. "he's still learning korean, so you guys could help each other if you wanted."

"i wonder how tall they are," the girl pondered to herself before hearing a snort from johnny.

"taller than you, that's for sure, tiny."

"h-hEY!"

johnny let out a loud laugh, grabbing ahold of dayoung's hand once again and turning into the cafeteria.

"there they are."

at one of the tables sat four boys, all sort of awkwardly sitting together. it looked like they were still in the beginning stages of their friendship and it made dayoung laugh a little.

the seemingly-youngest of the four noticed johnny waving and returned the gesture with bright eyes.

"hey, guys!" johnny greeted once he and dayoung were settled in the vacant chairs across of each other. "this is little dayoung, the cutest trainee i was telling you guys about! tiny, this is taeyong, jaehyun, mark, and yuta."

"you're so embarrassing.." sulked the girl, looking away as she felt her cheeks heat up.

"he wasn't wrong," said jaehyun with a dimpled smile.

"it's just because you guys had more time to grow than i have!" dayoung huffed, earning amused laughs amongst the group.

"i was talking about you being the cutest trainee, not tiny. though, he wasn't wrong about that either."

mark looked at her from the seat on her left. "johnny hyung told me you were born in two-thousand! you're only a year younger than me."

"yeah! you're from canada, right? i've always wanted to go there."

"maybe one day i'll take you!"

dayoung was glad she got along with the new boys seeing as they would be training with johnny, the main person she was comfortable with within the company.

終。
sooo it's been a while