【百四】 7llin' in the dream ‣ ep. 06, off-camera

it neared 5:30am when dayoung woke up

it neared 5:30am when dayoung woke up. she and jeno were still in the doghouse, only now, the boy's head was on top of her stomach and he was hugging her waist.

rubbing the sleep from her eyes, dayoung rolled over and grabbed her phone from the ground just outside of the house.

"it's so early.." she sighed, noting the time.

after a few attempts of trying to go back to sleep, she couldn't seem to shake off the sudden burst of energy. so instead, she carefully unwrapped jeno's arms and crawled out of the doghouse, using the rising sun to illuminate her path.

she checked on the other boys and saw them all asleep still. when she was upstairs, she looked outside over the balcony, slightly grinning when she noticed that the vans were gone. the staff had retreated to the nearby residence they were staying in for the night.

the pool looked so inviting and she didn't really have to worry about waking anyone up, so she figured she'd go for a swim before filming resumed.

trying not to let the padding of her feet against the hardwood floor get too loud, she eagerly changed into the swimsuit she brought along after washing up, hastily tying the strings then throwing her shirt on. she grabbed a towel, her phone, and chenle's speaker before going outside. she switched on the decorative string lights, watching as the pool area came to life.

she dipped her toes into the water and almost immediately took them out.

"it's even colder than yesterday," dayoung huffed, slipping her shirt off. "oh well, it'll get warmer once i'm in."

the towel was left on a lounge chair and chenle's speaker turned on to connect to her phone. the volume was lowered as to not disturb the boys as she chose a song and started humming along.

it took her a while to get used to the water's temperature but once she did, she laid on the watermelon-shaped floatie. her legs and hands were still in the water and she faced the sky, silently admiring the orange hues.

"dayoung?"

"AH—!"

a splash was heard and the girl was submerged underwater for a moment. when she resurfaced, she shook her head and pushed her hair back.

"don't sneak up on me like that!" she pouted at the newcomer.

jaemin snorted and walked over to squat down by the pool's edge with a glass of water in his hand. dayoung waddled to meet him.

"it's almost six in the morning, why are you out here?" he asked.

"i couldn't sleep and i got bored," she answered. "wanna join me?"

"no."

"what?! why not?!"

"it's freezing."

"wimp."

deadpanning at her, jaemin straightened up and turned his cup upside down above her, laughter escaping the both of them.

dayoung flicked a few drops on him. "meanie!"

"i'll be back," he called over his shoulder on his way inside.

dayoung went back to swimming, occasionally changing the song once or twice until jaemin did, indeed, come back. a big smile broke out on dayoung's face and she made grabby hands at him.

"it'll get warm in no time if you come in now," she said.

somewhat already regretting changing out of his pajamas, jaemin took his shirt off and reluctantly settled on the top step.

"you're literally insane," he told her.

"so are you for joining me!"

dayoung gripped on his hands and pulled him in which caused a little "ack!" to escape him.

"it's so cold! what the heck?!" he cried. "come here, i need your body warmth."

he trapped dayoung in his arms, poking the side of her exposed stomach as a mini payback. her legs found a place around his waist and she held onto his shoulders.

"better?"

"not really. i think i'm gonna get hypothermia."

"stop over-exaggerating!"

jaemin squeezed dayoung for a second and it made her flick the middle of his forehead.

"you don't know your own strength. please refrain from doing that and potentially suffocating me."

"who's over-exaggerating now?"

"still you!"

she escaped his grasp and sent a wave his way, laughing as his hair fell over his eyes.

終。
you see. i could've made them kiss. and i should've made them kiss. because this story hit one million reads (thank u so much i choose to believe i'm still at like 100k bc this cant b real) 🤠 what the fucj 🤠