【六】 weekly idol surprise

being a former jyp trainee, dayoung was close to all of got7

being a former jyp trainee, dayoung was close to all of got7. so when jackson was invited to appear on weekly idol with a few other idols, he was also requested to bring dayoung along. this would be her first time doing a variety show without anyone from nct with her.

in the middle of filming, jackson brought up dayoung's love for certain artists.

"you know what she does whenever we video chat?" he asked the hosts. "she cries over monsta x!"

"no i don't!" dayoung said, pushing jackson while letting out a laugh.

"she does! she's always like, 'why do they have to be so handsome~?'."

jackson's impersonation of dayoung sent everyone into fits of laughter. his voice was high pitched and he continued to expose the girl.

"'wahh~ jooheon and kihyun are so cute! oppa, why won't you introduce me to them?!'," his shoulder was now under attack as dayoung kept hitting it.

"i've never said that! shut up," she exclaimed.

still chuckling, defconn glanced at hyungdon. "we're very aware of your love for monsta x, which is why-"

"we called them over!"

dayoung froze in her spot, her hand just above jackson's shoulder as she saw seven boys that were all too familiar walk into the studio.

"oh my god," dayoung mumbled before she ran off.

jackson and a cameraman followed after her, running behind while dayoung tried to exit the room, only to be stopped by the got7 member.

"why would you do this?! this is betrayal!" she yelled.

"you kept asking me to introduce you to them, so here they are," he said, carrying dayoung by her waist back to the center.

a furious blush showed on dayoung's cheeks as she tried not to look at the group. they did their greeting and since dayoung had her face in her hands, monsta x's minhyuk walked over to her and gave her a hug. when she looked up to see who was embracing her, she immediately hid her face back in her palms.

"oh my god. oh my god," she repeated, trying not to tear up. "jackson, i hate you."

minhyuk pulled away to take her hands into his own and hug her once again.

"we're actually fans of you and nct!" he told her, making her blush even more.

when the hug ended, dayoung's body was embraced once again but by kihyun.

"to be fair, i think you're very cute too," he grinned down at her.

dayoung ran out of kihyun's arms and behind jackson, hitting his back once again. "i! hate! you!"

after she was able to sort of calm down from being starstruck, the hosts were giving monsta x certain missions to make dayoung's heart explode. i.m. was asked to flirt with her in english, jooheon did aegyo her for, wonho winked at her while pushing his hair back, hyungwon kissed her cheek, kihyun sang, shownu showed her one of their dances, and minhyuk acted out a scene from a romance drama with her.

to say dayoung wasn't functioning properly would be an understatement. she would stumble over her words and stutter before turning to jackson and telling him, "this is all your fault i'm like this!" to which he would wear an offended expression and laugh.

at the end of the episode, monsta x approached dayoung while she and jackson were talking off to the side. when the rapper left them alone, the boys praised her and her group's music, a friendship happening right before everyone's eyes. they exchanged numbers and soon after the show was aired, fans noticed dayoung and the members of monsta x hanging out together and becoming closer.

終。
doesn't exactly involve any of the nct members but o well