【九十九】 7llin' in the dream ‣ ep. 02

jeno hung off of dayoung and watched as she filled a big pot with water to boil on the stove

jeno hung off of dayoung and watched as she filled a big pot with water to boil on the stove. once the packets of ramen were opened, mark looked through the cabinets above.

"jiang yingyue~" sang haechan, entering the kitchen from the poolside.

"yes~?" the girl mimicked and looked over her shoulder at him.

his phone was held up to his ear before he moved it away and tapped on the screen.

"she's here," he spoke into the mic.

dayoung stepped back to let mark in front of her and neared haechan. "who's that?"

"dayoung-ie!"

the voice on the other end of the call made her gasp in excitement. "hi, mom! how are you?"

"i'm doing great," haechan's mom answered. "so all of the dream members are on a trip right now?"

"yep, we're filming a show here!"

haechan's eyes were shining as he listened to his mother and best friend talk so closely. dayoung had always been comfortable with his family; his brothers and sister adored her, almost as much as he did.

when it was time to say goodbye, he ruffled dayoung's hair. "you're so cute, yin."

"what's that for?" she huffed with a pout.

"nothing, nothing."

within the next ten minutes or so, jeno had washed a few cups of rice and it in the cooker, the water for the noodles was almost ready, and haechan helped in cutting some onions.

mark, dayoung, and jeno looked at the pot together.

"did we put too much water?" mark questioned, holding the lid.

dayoung scratched her cheek and said, "it should be boiling soon.. i hope."

renjun was in the kitchen as well, making juice with the frozen cherries that was in the freezer. he taste-tested it and was satisfied, he offered his glass to dayoung to try.

"oh? it's really good," she beamed. "is there more?"

"you can have this one," renjun said.

"i can pour—"

he left the glass in her hands and quickly made himself another, announcing that he'll be outside and walking out.

the food was done soon after and was plated then set on the table on the porch.

"thank you for the food!"

"jaemin~ want help?" dayoung peeked into the kitchen

he glanced back at her and shook his head with a kind smile. "it's okay."

she felt kind of bad for making him wash the dishes on his own while the others did their own thing outside. she clasped her hands behind her back and approached him, gently leaning against his side.

"let me help. i can rinse them," she suggested.

jaemin paused his movements and brought his face close to hers, touching their noses together.

"i said it's okay," he said softly.

he pulled away and left a kiss on her cheek. the corners of his lips turned up at the pink flooding her face. "do you wanna go with us to the store later?"

"sure!"

for the rest of the time jaemin cleaned the used bowls and utensils, dayoung backhugged him. the blank face he had before was replaced with a small grin.

he finished and they went to the yard where the rest of the group came together and decided to play foot volleyball.

jisung and dayoung felt lazy and didn't really wanna play at the moment, so jisung became the referee while dayoung accompanied him.

even though it was entertaining to watch the teams bicker, dayoung's mind was occupied with the pool.

hopefully someone else will wanna go swimming too. i'd feel awkward by myself, she thought.

the game went on longer than expected and when haechan, renjun, and jeno's team took the final win, dayoung got up from her sitting position on the ground.

she stretched her arms over her head, watching the boys begin to busy themselves with different things. wanting to ask one of them to swim with her, she found herself hesitating and growing shy since everyone went to lay in different places.

deciding to go to renjun sitting to the couch they laid on earlier, he noticed her walking over and opened his arms out. she sped up and threw herself into them, snuggling closer.

thank god that renjun changed out of his jeans and jacket or else they would've been burning up. they changed positions so that they were laying across the couch side by side. dayoung had her head on renjun's outstretched arm with his hand in her hair. the other held his phone above them, playing random videos found on his youtube's homepage.

"someone's sleepy," renjun commented, looking at dayoung in the corner of his eye.

"a little bit," she replied and quietly laughed through her nose.

終。
miki??? updating more than once within a reasonable time frame??? and not with several months in between??? wow!