【十九】 alice choi ‣ pt. 1

how they met• first impressions

how they met
• first impressions

it was december of 2016 when the mnet asian music awards were held. nct u were attending after debuting just months before. as the youngest, it was safe to say that dayoung was the most excited yet nervous. she sat between ten and doyoung, fiddling with her fingers out of anxiousness.

when it was almost their turn to perform, the group was backstage, sorting their mics and outfits. since dayoung was the first to finish, she went exploring for the remaining fifteen minutes before they went on stage. while she was walking down the hall, she spotted one of her most-listened-to artists, alice.

the sixteen-year-old enjoyed some of her music and she was about to take this opportunity to say hi.

"alice sunbaenim?" her voice was soft as she looked up at the older.

when she turned around, alice let out a sigh, "oh, aren't you dayoung of nct?"

flattered that she even knew who she was, dayoung eagerly nodded, wearing a big smile, but it was soon wiped away by the next words alice let out.

"sm entertainment is getting desperate, huh? tell your ceo to make sure 'dance prodigies' are actually good at dancing before letting them debut, let alone train."

dayoung's heart dropped and as she opened her mouth to respond, she couldn't find the right sentence to say. luckily, jaehyun had called her back from behind.

"yingyue-ah! we're on soon, come on!"

the young teen nodded at jaehyun before bowing to alice and running off, "goodbye, sunbaenim."

終。
most chapters regarding alice will be short like this one
sigh i have two days to write a short story and my plot includes a.c.e getting stuck in a video game aksksk
i'm pulling all nighters again to get a good grade on it smh i just wanna PASS OUT but omgomgomg monsta x and stray kids released their comebacks at like two in the morning and u bet ya girl was up watching nct vines while waiting for them to be dropped (((;