【百三】 7llin' in the dream ‣ ep. 06, pt. 01

the boys and dayoung began to each choose a member to talk about without saying their names until the end

the boys and dayoung began to each choose a member to talk about without saying their names until the end. when it came to jeno, everyone could tell that the first person was chenle before listening to him describe a second person.

"this person is similar to the first one, in a way," he noted. "they're someone who can hide their feelings really well and choose to take care of everyone else before they focus on themselves. i've noticed that they try not to show when they're hurting or sad, but i really want them to know that their emotions are just as important as the others'."

dayoung could feel a few gazes on her which caused her to tear her eyes away from the fire and to the boys around her.

"chenle and yin: two peas in a pod," laughed mark.

the aforementioned members looked at each other, sharing a sheepish grin and fist-bumping, initiated by dayoung.

since chenle already responded to how jeno felt, the girl shifted in her chair and quickly organized her thoughts.

"it's not that i try to hide the way i'm feeling on purpose, you know? i think it's just that i prioritize all of you over myself, and i would rather have you guys be happy and healthy first."

haechan quickly took a bite of the sweet potato jeno unwrapped before getting up and going behind dayoung. he let out a dramatic cry, circling his arms around her neck and squishing his cheek against her temple.

"kim dayoung, you're such an angel!" he pretended to sob. "so kindhearted!"

"oh, gosh.."

renjun mused at the sight and said, "we're happy if you're happy and healthy, yin."

"that was so cheesy!"

"haechan, i'm gonna whack you!"

laughing, dayoung patted haechan's head and he leaned into her touch, evidently enjoying it.

"ahh, it always feels so good to be make-up free and in sweatpants," the female sighed out.

everybody had just gotten done saying goodnight to each other and retreated to their designated sleeping areas.

dayoung was sprawled out on the bed beside chenle when jeno came in. he dropped himself in between the two, one arm draped over each member.

"so sleepy~" he whined into the pillow.

from the dining room, they heard jaemin exclaim, and he and jisung starting a random game of rock, paper, scissors. the sound urged a laugh out of dayoung as jeno called, "quiet, please!" playfully.

"tinky-winky, dipsy, nana, ppo!"

"what even—" dayoung's laugh got louder and reached the members upstairs, unknowingly getting them to laugh as well.

she could hear jaemin being hyper and she got up, disregarding jeno whining for her to come back. she saw the bunk-bed buddies already in their beds but jaemin was hitting his mattress with his legs.

"weirdo, what are you doing?" she asked.

"my favorite girl! come sleep over here!" jaemin said.

dayoung shook her head, walking over. he leaned over the railing and cupped her cheeks to leave a goodnight kiss on her forehead. then she bent down to ruffle jisung's hair.

"sleep well, you two."

"goodnight, noona!"
"night, angel!"

turning, she made her way up the spiral staircase where she saw haechan still on the couch, renjun in the daybed, and mark already snuggled into the sheets of the king size.

"hi, pretty girl," greeted haechan.

"hi, pretty boy," dayoung smiled. "sweet dreams! i'll see you guys in the morning~"

haechan stayed quiet as renjun and mark wished her the same. his face was gradually turning into a deep shade of red and all he could do was watch her head back down in his flustered state.

"'pretty boy'.. that's new.."

dayoung softly shut the door behind her once she entered her assigned room again.

"jeno's inside already?" she asked and peeked in the dog house. "it looks so tiny!"

"you can sleep on the bed with me," chenle offered, reaching a hand out.

jeno shook his head and scooted over to make room for dayoung, grabbing her hand.

"it'll be like trainee days when we used to share a twin-sized bed all the time."

she wanted the both of them to be comfortable in such a small space, so their position ended up in having her head on his chest as they held each other close.

"if it gets too crowded, let's sneak into chenle's bed," dayoung whispered.

jeno snickered and rubbed her back. "sounds like a plan."

終。
why is it missing renjun's snaggletooth hours and why are the reads for this story close to one mil 😐
also, pick a dream member! whoever's voted for the most will have a cute scene w dayoung next chapter! (edit: i'm totaling the votes at the end of thursday!)