【八十二】 after practice stories ‣ 127

"rock, paper, scissors, shoot!"

"foreign swaggers are the seekers!" johnny laughed. "excluding yin."

"alright, get a partner and start hiding!" taeyong said.

yuta was quick to grab yingyue's hand and as the hiders were making their way out of the practice room, jaehyun called out after them.

"remember, the whole building is open! we'll text the group chat which floor we go on!"

everyone went separate ways, some following others, but yuta and yingyue were on their own as they took one of the elevators to the eighth floor.

majority of the lights were shut off, making it hard for them to see, but to not draw attention to their hiding spot, they left the lights and used their phones' flashlights to illuminate their way.

"here— AH!"

a loud strike of thunder echoed from outside of the building, catching yingyue by surprise. she flinched and grasped tightly onto yuta's shirt.

he looked down at her in concern and wrapped an arm around her shoulders. "you okay?"

"y-yeah.. it was just really loud," she murmured back. "let's hide in here."

tugging his shirt, she led him into one of the middle practice rooms. the lightening that struck illuminated the space for split seconds while they got comfortable in a corner.

both of their cell's vibrated and lit up, displaying a text message johnny had sent to their group chat.

┎┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┒
we're on the sixth floor pals (:<
┖┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┚

"that pal is a weirdo," yuta commented.

"he is, isn't he, pal?" giggled yingyue.

"not you too—"

"shh!"

cupping her hand over yuta's mouth, yingyue's eyebrows softly furrowed as they listened to the faint footsteps.

yuta gently pulled her hand away. "i thought everybody left this floor?"

she just shrugged but upon seeing a shadow pass the door, her eyes widened.

"do you think it's the other boys?" she asked.

"they wouldn't come up here. all the hiders texted which floor they're hiding on."

for a while, it was silent. dayoung and yuta passed the time by playing quiet games until the padding of shoes on the floor sounded again. unlike before, it seemed like it was multiple pairs instead of just one.

they waited for a message in the group chat but nothing came. when yuta opened his mouth to comment on it, the door flew open, a "found you!" following the noise.

"I'LL FIGHT YOU!"

"woah there, hotshot," jaehyun mused at dayoung.

she had her eyes shut and was in a fighting stance which made the rest of the boys laugh at her. hearing them, dayoung hesitantly opened one eye before opening the other and letting her hands fall to her sides.

yuta stood by her side and put his hand on her head, leaning to look at her.

"that was cute," he said. "and i agree, let's fight them."

johnny came closer and put himself between them, draping his arms over their shoulders.

"hey, at least you guys were the last to be found."

"okay, but why did no one tell us that they were on this floor when there was clearly someone here?!" huffed yuta.

doyoung looked at him with furrowed eyebrows. "nobody was up here. only you two would go up here.. hyperactive monkeys.."

"this building's haunted," yuta said. "i'm never coming back here."

dayoung gasped. "does that mean they've been practicing with us?"

johnny snorted and playfully covered her face with his hand.

"you have definitely been here way too long today."

終。
this story's gonna continue to have inconsistent / slow updates (god i hate having to say that) because i've been having writer's block for this book and i don't know why )): so i decided to focus more on my other stories especially since this one's already at 80 (!!) chapters <3