【四十九】 school moments

1

1. forgotten lunch

after sitting in the same seat for over an hour, it would be an understatement to say that dayoung was getting sleepy. before her eyes closed, the school bell rang, signaling lunch period.

she became wide awake with the help of the loud ringing and let out a sigh, watching some of her classmates rush out of the class.

"oh, god. i just wanna sleep," she mumbled under her breath and rubbed her eyes, running her hands over her face afterward.

when her things were packed back into her backpack, dayoung left the room and started to make her way to the courtyard where the other '00 liners, chenle, and jisung waited.

stepping outside, a breeze blew past, making dayoung cross her arms over her chest as she walked over to the table her and the boys usually sat at during recess and lunch.

"you look tired," commented jeno when she came into view.

"i am," she sat on the edge, occupying the spot on haechan's right. "history is so hard."

"um, hello, let mark tutor you. he did graduate," renjun said and observed as she took out the lunch taeyong packed for her.

haechan did the same, only for his hand to come out empty. he stared at his hand for a couple of seconds and blinked, looking back up at the others.

chenle laughed, "i think we know who taeyong hyung's least favorite child is now."

"it's not me! i just woke up late!" haechan exclaimed with a pout.

dayoung glanced over at haechan then back at her lunch.

"here, i'll go get school lunch," she pushed the container so that it was in front of him and took out chopsticks.

as she stood up to head to the cafeteria, the boys started complaining.

"no, he can get his own lunch!"
"you eat your lunch, yinnie!"
"don't let that demon take your lunch."