【二十五】 sick during dance practice

as taeyong yelled for yingyue to get up from the second floor, the girl whined to herself and reluctantly opened her eyes

as taeyong yelled for yingyue to get up from the second floor, the girl whined to herself and reluctantly opened her eyes. despite it only being a minute since she woke up, she felt like crying over how much her body ached and how much her head was starting to hurt.

her forehead was burning as she slowly sat up, gripping the sheets.

just one practice and you can take a break. you got this, she thought before forcing herself up and out of bed.

after ten minutes, she was ready to go. she made her way upstairs, taking her time on the steps so she wouldn't feel dizzy, and walked over to the front door where most of the 127 members were.

"there's no time for you to eat breakfast," johnny said. "you can get something after the first rehearsal."

yingyue mumbled an "okay" and followed everyone out of the dorm. during the car ride, she fell in and out of sleep. it was a normal thing for her to do, so no one really paid much mind. when they got to the company building, she was the last one to climb out and lagged behind the rest of the members.

taeil noticed this and stopped in his tracks for a bit, "hurry, come on."

she jogged a couple of steps until she was right next to the oldest member.

"why are you so sluggish today?" he asked as they resumed their walk. "you okay?"

"yeah, yeah. i'm fine. i think it's because i went to bed late," yingyue lied, waving her hand in dismissal.

"okay.." taeil didn't completely believe her but didn't push it. instead, he changed the topic, gesturing to her left forearm.

"do you have anything to cover that up?" he questioned, grabbing her arm and running his thumb over the ink marks.

the managers weren't too fond of yingyue showing up to practice with drawings on her arm, but she got bored the previous night and she hadn't bought a new sketchbook yet.

"no, i was rushing so i forgot a jacket."

"taeyong might've left his in the other practice room just in case. you won't need it until ten since that's when the managers will show up."

too tired to verbally respond, yingyue simply nodded and headed into the elevator, squishing between taeil and haechan. a few conversations went on between the other members while she dazed off until the elevator stopped. like a robot, she automatically walked out and towards one of the last rooms down the hallway.

ever since they got back from america, 127's schedule was booked with performances of 'regular' for different music channels. it meant even more practicing despite the jet lag and whatnot. once everyone was settled and stretched out their muscles, they got into position and haechan was the one to start the song.

they danced to the choreography around four times now, and each round, yingyue fell behind a few steps. although they were focused on themselves, yuta, taeyong, and mark saw it all in the mirror. the leader was the one to walk away and pause the music though.

"jiang yingyue!" his voice boomed, causing sicheng, haechan, taeil, and jungwoo to all slightly flinch.

taeyong stayed near the laptop and continued, "you had the dance perfectly while we were in america - why do you keep messing up?!"

her migraine only got worse and she was sweating more than usual due to her fever.

"i-i don't know," she mumbled, looking down. "i'm sorry. i'll try harder."

nobody said anything as taeyong rewound the song and pressed the space bar to play. however, after the first chorus finished, taeil saw yingyue wobbling as she walked over to the wall.

"yah, i don't think—"

his yell was cut off by the sound of the girl sliding down the wall and collapsing to the floor.

"dayoung!"

everyone rushed to her side and jaehyun, who was right beside her along with doyoung, shook her shoulders in an attempt to wake her up before putting the back of his hand against her forehead.

"she's burning up," he rushed out. "someone call one of the managers."

when yingyue finally woke up, she found herself in a hospital bed

when yingyue finally woke up, she found herself in a hospital bed. she let out a small yawn and looked around.

"you're awake!" taeyong exclaimed after noticing movement from the corner of his eye.

haechan, mark, jaehyun, and yuta, who were also in the room while the other members left to get food for everyone, ran over to yingyue's side.

"i'm so glad you're okay," said mark, holding her hand.

"why didn't you tell anyone you were sick?" jaehyun asked while caressing the top of her head.

"i thought i'd be able to make it through the day.."

taeyong frowned, "i'm sorry i yelled at you. next time, tell one of us if you don't feel well."

yingyue nodded and gave him a weak grin. "i'm sorry too, and i promise."

the room door then opened, revealing johnny and the others just behind him.

"we got frozen yo- dayoung's awake!"

"ow! you just stepped on my foot!"

"well, sorry, i'm trying to see my child!"

終。
so um i'm friends w a boy from japan bc our school's sister school from saitama visited us and !!! it's a long story but i shot my shot and now we're talking(: but they leave this afternoon i'm sad and disappointed that i was too shy to talk to him in the library before they left smh