【八十六】 award show ‣ caring for the cold

"wow, who's that pretty girl?"

dayoung looked away from her reflection and saw johnny walking over. the makeup artist backed away once she finished and dayoung stood up to turn around. a bashful smile adorned her face as johnny took in her appearance.

he grabbed her hand and lifted it up, twirling her around. she let out a small laugh which beckoned the other members over from the other room.

"you look so pretty!" mark cooed.

the boys continued to gush over her before doyoung remembered what the weather outside was like.

"did they give you a jacket or something? it's barely spring.." he mentioned to her.

dayoung opened her mouth in a silent "ahh" in realization.

"it's okay! i can handle it," she said with a reassuring grin.

although the boys weren't so sure, they didn't have time to protest before the group was ushered to get into the vans.

the dress dayoung was given to wear was somewhat short, stopping in the middle of her thigh. the straps were also thin and even though it was a beautiful dress, it didn't partner well with the cold wind.

upon arriving at the venue, dayoung climbed out of the car after jungwoo and immediately shivered. she crossed her arms over her chest as they all lined up against the backdrop, posing for pictures.

goosebumps made an appearance over her arms and legs and doyoung, who stood to her left, noticed. while she was trying to look normal for the photographers, she felt a slight warmth cover her upper body.

she glanced down to see a navy blue blazer then to her side. the aforementioned boy was only in his white dress shirt, his focus on the crowd in front of them.

"thank you," dayoung mumbled loud enough for him to hear.

doyoung gave her a heartfelt grin. "of course."

終。
i'm gonna start posting short, little blurbs like this more often!! i hope you guys enjoy hehe