【九十三】 winter moments

1

1.

jeno adjusted the santa hat that sat upon dayoung's head from behind her as all of the members of nct sat together in a large studio, filming a live show on the v app.

they had been streaming for a good fifteen minutes when one of the cue cards that doyoung held mentioned a special performance.

"in celebration of christmas, two of our members prepared a duet to sing for our fans," he announced.

mark, who sat next to jaehyun, dramatically turned his entire body on the chair to face the elder while sungchan did the same to dayoung.

"yes, it's for czennies and czennies only, so everyone else has to leave," she played, making the boys laugh.

she and jaehyun got up from their seats and moved to the side where a staff member previously set up a keyboard and two more chairs for them.

"i think this is the first 'real' christmas performance we've done," commented renjun.

kun nodded in agreement and said, "the closest we've gotten is karaoke."

dayoung settled behind the keyboard while jaehyun explained what song they planned to sing. when they were ready, the two shared a quick smile and dayoung began to play.

"i really can't stay,"
"baby, it's cold outside."

"i've got to go away,"
"baby, it's cold outside."

"this evening has been,"
"been hoping that you'd drop in."

"so very nice,"
"i'll hold your hands, they're just like ice."

as the listening members swayed to their voices, dayoung snuck a glance at jaehyun only to find him already looking in her direction.

"my mother will start to worry,"
"beautiful, what's your hurry?"

"my father will be pacing the floors,"
"listen to the fireplace roar."

a pale pink flourished across both of their cheeks, barely being hidden by the makeup. jaehyun flashed the girl a toothy grin which put his dimples on display and caused her to gaze back to the instrument, shyly smiling to herself.