【三十二】 nct life in bangkok ‣ youngmin's secret date

everybody was having fun in bangkok while they filmed nct life

everybody was having fun in bangkok while they filmed nct life. today, they would spend the day at a park, messing around and doing whatever their hearts desired. the camera crew would continue to film everything and some of the members would carry self-cameras.

dayoung was one of the members to be given a camera and she hung around the younger members, jaemin more specifically.

"jagiyaaa~ i'm bored," he huffed, sitting beside dayoung on the bench.

"what do you wanna do?" his girlfriend asked, lightly tapping his cheek.

"let's sneak out and go on a date!" jaemin suggested. "we can tell one of the managers first though."

"okay!"

holding the camera to face them, dayoung followed jaemin over to one of their nicer and more lenient managers. it took a little bit of convincing and lying to be able to get permission to go off on their own, but the manager eventually granted it to them.

"we're going on a date!" dayoung cutely exclaimed, making jaemin smile at her.

the two made their way over by the buses, just in case one of the members saw them. if they did, they wouldn't question where they'd be going. intertwining fingers, the couple walked along the sidewalk, searching for something to do.

"where should we go?" jaemin pondered out loud.

suddenly, dayoung let out a gasp, "there's an arcade! let's go!"

she tugged jaemin into the fairly big, retro room and headed straight for the token machine.

"hold this, i think i have—"

dayoung's sentence was cut short by the sound of coins falling into the metal holder attached to the machine. jaemin had already slipped in a bill while she was searching through pocket.

"too late," he cheekily smiled at her before grabbing a plastic cup on the top and filling it with the tokens.

"i could've paid," dayoung huffed.

"it's alright, cutie, i got it. after all, we are on a date."

the girl simply scrunched her nose up at him to which he responded by poking it.

jaemin threw an arm around her shoulder and pulled her close, "let's go play some games!"

there were fortune teller machines, pac-man, strength testing games, and much more lined up against the wall. they played a lot of games and won probably hundreds of tickets until there were only about four tokens left in the cup.

"jae, we should both try the palm readers! they're two tokens each," dayoung said excitedly.

"you can go first," jaemin offered, taking two out of the cup and handing it to her.

as dayoung stood in front of the italian game, he stood behind her with his arm wrapped around her waist. he held the camera in his free hand and the two of them watched as dayoung slipped the two coins in.

jaemin stared at the game, "the longer you stare at her, the creepier it gets.. did we have to do this one?"

"unless you'd rather do the palm reader one where you stick your hand in its mouth, this is our best choice," dayoung replied.

after a minute or so, a card came out from the shoot just below. the girl took the scarlet colored construction-like paper out and held it so her and jaemin could both read it.

"when you pull a card and draw a heart, you and your beloved will never part—"

"that's cute," jaemin mumbled, stealing a glance at dayoung before she continued.

"you are a strong believer in fate. you feel that you have no control over your destiny. fortunately, you are destined to be very happy indeed. you've had some trouble mostly cause by inconsideration of others. but fate will be kind to you, and you can expect your life to run on a smoother pattern. you are somewhat irresponsible and that has caused you some hardships. you have a neat and tidy nature and can't tolerate slovenliness around you. since you demand this of yourself and others, you will always live in a tidy atmosphere."

dayoung flipped the card over but only saw a list of astrology signs, their dates, flowers, and birthstones, "that was long."

jaemin agreed by nodding his head.

"we'll have to test out that card theory later, though," he grinned and switched items with dayoung.

she held the camera while he put the remaining tokens inside the slot. his arm found its way around dayoung's shoulders as they waited until a card fell out again. when it did, the writing seemed to be a little shorter than dayoung's.

"the devil and his pitchfork are gadding about. the devil will get you if you don't watch out. he places temptation in your way. be strong, be firm and you won't stray."

dayoung peeked at the card and whispered, "are they talking about donghyuck?"

both of them burst out into laughter and after they calmed down, jaemin resumed reading the card.

"you are a very virtuous person. you have chosen the path of righteousness and you will be very happy. you are not easily influenced. your relatives have a great deal of respect for you. they know that you have a keen mind and an understanding nature. you have a good sense of values. you love a beautiful home and one of these days you will be in possession of one."

dayoung opened her mouth to say something about it but was cut off by jaemin's phone ringing. he took it out of his pocket and checked the caller id, frowning when he did so.

"it's taeyong hyung.." his voice trailed off. "they must've finished filming already."

"we should head back before they yell at us," dayoung said, locking their fingers once again.

終。
yEs kinda abrupt ending bc i wanted to update before i went back to school sksksks the fortune cards are mine LMAO i got it before i left a really sick vintage / antique arcade in sf yesterday