【七十二】 protective ‣ pt. 5

it was hard not communicating with any of the dream members, especially the ones she talked to on a daily basis

it was hard not communicating with any of the dream members, especially the ones she talked to on a daily basis. whether it was via their group chat, facetime, or in person, yingyue was almost always speaking to them. the past two days were difficult and although it pained her to ignore her best friends, she was still upset.

monday morning came and she was sitting in the dining room, swirling pieces of cereal floating in milk with a spoon.

taeyong was a few seats away, looking over their schedules when he saw her downed expression that seemed to stick.

"you're not hungry?"

yingyue looked up and shook her head.

"i got full from drinking water," she said. "i think i'm gonna start heading to school."

standing up, she lifted her bowl and was about to clean it up until taeyong stopped her.

"you can leave it, i'll take care of it," he said and got up.

"it's alright—"

taeyong took the dish out of her hands and gently smiled down at her. "i know you're mad at the other dreamies, but i still want you to walk to school with them."

"i can take care of myself, oppa," yingyue pouted.

"just keep your distance like you've been doing," he suggested. "however, if they want to explain themselves to you, you should hear them out."

her eyes followed as taeyong took the bowl to the kitchen sink and rinsed it out.

"no promises. what they did was so.. immature!"

a sigh was heard from him.

"it's not like you to hold grudges, yin, don't change now. at least try to see where they're coming from, okay?"

yingyue childishly huffed and halfheartedly hummed in acknowledgment. she turned to grab her backpack hanging off the back of the chair she was sitting on and slung it over her shoulders.

"i'll leave first then!"

"wait for haechan."

"damn— dang it."