【三十八】 selfless

to say dayoung was stressed would be an understatement

to say dayoung was stressed would be an understatement. she hadn't been in the right mindset for the past week and it was starting to get to her. she was juggling her own problems, inner thought, and insecurities all by herself. deep down, she wished somebody else would've noticed but majority of her was glad that no one did. the other members were just as stressed, and dayoung was always there when they needed a shoulder to lean on these recent nights.

lying on her bed, dayoung stared up at the ceiling with her earphones in, listening to the songs in her playlist with the volume high enough to where the outside world was difficult to hear.

"she's in the rain. 아름다웠던 널 그려보면. 흘러가버린 시간이 멈춰. 이젠 눈을 뜨기조차 버거워."
[trans: when i look at how beautiful you are, time stops. it's hard to even open my eyes now.]

hands turning into fists as she clenched her own shirt, dayoung tried her best not to let her thoughts get the best of her. past the music, she heard the muffled sound of her door closing and she opened her eyes, taking out one of her airpods so the music was paused.

"oppa?" dayoung took the other airpod out and placed them on her bedside table.

taeyong looked up from the ground and gave the younger a weak smile making a frown etch its way onto dayoung's lips.

"are you okay?" she asked, moving closer to the wall so he'd have space on the bed with her.

"y-yeah, i'm fine," taeyong said. "am i bothering you?"

"not at all."

dayoung patted the spot beside her and taeyong rushed to be next to her. he lazily leaned his head on her shoulder, a sigh leaving him.

"what happened?" questioned dayoung as she ran her fingers through taeyong's dyed hair.

"i don't know.. i'm just so exhausted and stressed," his voice cracked. "it's so hard putting up a strong facade for everyone, but i feel like i have to because i'm the leader."

"but oppa, you are strong. you're one of the strongest people i know. sure you're the leader, but you're still human. you hurt, you break, you fall, and it's normal," dayoung said. "it's perfectly normal. nctzens and all of nct know that. we want you to take care of yourself."