【八十五】 chenji's this and that ‣ ft. dayoung

"chenle!"

"chenle!"

"jisung!"

"chen—"

"—ji."

"this.."

"it's not chenji, it's jichen!"

chenle hit jisung's shoulder with the back of his hand. "it's chenji."

the younger tried to argue but chenle was quick to say, "chenji's this and that!" to stop him from doing so. from under the table, dayoung stifled a laugh as she waited to be introduced to the cameras.

"should we look inside the boxes?" asked chenle, already dragging it over to the two. "woah, it's heavy."

dayoung sat there for a few more minutes, listening to the boys talk nonsense before flicking both of their shins.

"oh, right! we also have a guest with us!" jisung said and moved back.

the girl crawled out and kneeled before the table, waving at the camera.

"hi, everyone!" she said. "i wonder how long it would've taken you guys to remember."

she thanked the staff member that rolled a chair her way and she settled herself in between jisung and chenle.

"noona, i would never forget about you!" the latter declared.

"you lost her before we performed once," mumbled jisung.

dayoung threw an arm around his shoulders and shrugged her own. "he probably did it on purpose."

"she's just too short," chenle teased. "anyways~ our dayoung noona worked with the managers to put this episode together, right?"

"yes! we're doing something that the dreamies have all talked about for a long time but never really got around to it."

"are we going on a vacation?" jisung beamed.

"i wish but no. open the box!"

chenle lifted the baby blue lid off of the white box and peered inside, his hand reaching to grab out a roll of red string.

jisung followed suit and took out a red pocket envelope. he held it up to his ear and shook it a few times.

"is there money in here—"

"we're making lucky coin friendship bracelets!"

chenle's excited scream caused the other two dream members to cringe at the loud noise.

"wait, really?!" he continued.

"god, i think i just lost hearing in my left ear," dayoung said.

"you're getting old — it was bound to happen."

the oldest among the three poked the inside of her cheek with her tongue and in the midst of his laughing, she flicked his temple.

she playfully narrowed her eyes at him. "you better watch your back at the dorm."

chenle just laughed it off and jisung leaned over to steal the string out of his hand. since dayoung was familiar with how to braid the cords, she first cut three sets of strings so the boys could learn and practice.

one of the staff members gave them three clipboards to attach one end of a string.

"what's this for?" asked jisung.

"it's so the string won't move when you braid with it," chenle said before turning to dayoung. "right?"

"wow, so smart," she deadpanned, but it went ignored by the middle child as he cockily leaned back in his chair.

"see that, jisung? take after me," he nodded his head up at the said boy.

looping the strings together wasn't as hard as the boys thought; not when dayoung was the one teaching them anyways. jisung had a few difficulties but managed to complete both sides of the bracelet and its knot.

on the contrary, chenle gave up a couple of times. he leaned his head on the girl's shoulder instead of making the bracelet for a minute or two until she told him to go back to it.

when jisung was waiting for the older boy to finish his, an idea popped into his head. he tugged on the sleeve of dayoung's shirt and when she moved her attention to him, he showed his bracelet to her.

"can i put this on you to see if it fits?" he asked.

"yeah, sure."

she held her left wrist out and waited until jisung tightened it on her.

"great! it's yours now," he said.

at that, chenle's ears perked up. "what? no! that's not fair! i wanted to give noona my bracelet!"

jisung stuck his tongue out in response, earning a laugh from dayoung.

"i keep forgetting you two are basically adults."

終。
part one!! next part will be where they give the bracelets to all the other members (':
edit: ok i lied there will be only one part heh