How's Momonga?

Chapter 84

Third Person POV (Ainz Ool Gown)

A grand round table of obsidian lustre was in the center of the guildhall, surrounded by 42 luxurious seats. But most of them were vacant; however, that was not to say that the place was empty. Ironically, the members who were here were not the newest, but rather most of the original 9.

One wore an elaborate, jet-black academic gown adorned with gold and violet edges. The decoration around its neck seemed somewhat excessive, but strangely, it was rather fitting. However, the head that should have been sitting above the lavish collar was nothing more than a skull, devoid of skin and flesh. There was a dark red glow inside the empty eye sockets, and a dark halo-like object glimmered behind its head.

One of the other individuals sitting in another seat was not a human, either. It was a lump of black goo. Its surface, reminiscent of coal tar, quivered and never maintained a consistent shape even for a second. There was also a demon goat holding what seemed to the culmination of evil in his right hand, his face charred to look like a permanent burning face in agony. To his right sat a figure that looked human, but was not. In the Full Plate of Massive Armor was 'Touch Me', the insectoid World Champion, the Paladin of Pure Silver who once stood for the unrivaled strength of Ainz Ool Gown. Along with them was another slime and a monster that looked like a hybrid between a bird and man.

At the center of all of them was an Overlord that ranked top even among the Elder Liches — Magic Casters who had turned into the undead in the pursuit of ultimate magic. The latter was an Elder Black Ooze, a race with powerful acidic abilities that was close to the strongest among the slime types. Yet, they were not monsters. They were player characters.

The selectable races in Yggdrasil were divided into three diverse categories: classic, humanoid races such as humans, dwarves and elves; demi-human races with hideous appearances such as goblins, orcs, and ogres, favored for their physical prowess; and the heteromorphic races who possessed monster abilities and higher stats than any other races, but were given restrictions in various aspects. If you include the high-tier races for these three, the number of all the races reached a total of 700.

Of course, Overlord was one of the high-tier heteromorphic races that players were able to pick. Between those two people, the Overlord talked without its mouth moving. Despite being the previous generation's top DMMO-RPG, it was technologically impossible to change expressions to go with the conversation.

HeroHero: It's been about...hmm, a week since I saw you Momonga-san? It's nice that you called us all back here today for a final celebration though.

Momonga: It really is Hero-san. *sigh* I can't believe that today is the last day. All the work and effort we put into building this magnificent place. And tomorrow...it'll be gone.

Ulbert Alain Odle: kekeke...Momonga-san, you shouldn't be too worried about that. I'm sure Loli-san would have saved this world onto her private server so she can continue to play the game on her own.

Touch Me: I don't often agree with that Evil Crackhead but I'm willing to bet on that as well. Kara is kind of a, well, a hoarder. Just ask her to invite us to her private server and we'll continue to join occasionally. For old times' sake.

Momonga: That aside, how is everyone doing?

Peroponcino: Really, that question again Skelly? Even if you are guildmaster, you don't need to ask about our conditions every day. We're fine, ever since Loli-san got us our new dream jobs I've been able to purchase the new —OW! Sis, why'd you have to hit me?

BukuBuku Chagama: You dirty little brother! You're making me look bad! Always with that h-games of yours and shit! I half hoped that with the money you're receiving you'll actually put it to good use. And what do I see on the card? Porn?!! Are you serious?