Crushing Hope

Chapter 51

POV Zesshi

Was it true? Was he really the missing Greed King? Did they kick him out just because he's an elf? That would explain his general hate for mankind and his arrogance, but why would he reveal that now?

Me: I surpassed my mother ages ago...the Cardinals have told me I am in the realm beyond those of heroes! No matter what you are...I can kill you!!

I activated my Martial Arts and charged him...but it felt different from before. It was as if I was being toyed with. I was too blind with rage to realize it.

*snatch*

As he caught my blade with nothing but his bare hands, I knew it was hopeless. If all I can do is give him a small cut, then what did I strive for all these years?

King: Do you see now? I am in a different league altogether. I come from the land of Gods! Yggdrasil...while you...you are nothing but a fragment of who we are!

He yanked the scythe out of my hand and threw it away and out of reach.

Me: No...

*punch*

King: You stupid daughter...did you honestly think you had a chance? Against me? The ruler of all elves?

I crumpled to the ground as the pain registered in my brain. Everything was slowing down as I lost hope. Will Kuma and Boa save me? Will the rulers finish my revenge for me? I'm sure they have the ability.

Me: Sorry...

King: Hah, you're apologizing now? Why, you think I'll let you go if you do so?

Me: Not to you, you fucking bastard...to...Soc...iety

...

...

King: ...what?

Did he know? Did he know who they are?

King: Did you just say Society?

I didn't answer.

*smirk*

King: ANSWER ME! HOW DO YOU KNOW THEIR NAMES!

?: I'll be honest, I didn't expect to meet a player here.

Where did that voice come from?

?: I'm sorry Zesshi, looks like you'll have to be satisfied with killing your father, not beating him.

King: WHO ARE YOU!

?: You know who I am, don't you longearuser31?

As a black portal opened up directly above the King, a small white girl dropped down. Instead of dodging it, the Elf King dropped to his knees, as if facing some unbelievable amount of pressure. But how is that even possible? He's the Elf King! He's a Greed King!

White Sovereign: You realize there is a difference in class right? After all, I'm in a whole different league altogether.

I began to laugh as she repeated what father said right back at him. But could she read my mind? How did she know what I wanted to say?

White Sovereign: Not word for word if I don't try. But yes, I can read people's emotions and basic thoughts. So, are you okay with this?

Me: I don't really have a choice do I?

White Sovereign: No...he might be out of practice but the difference in level between the two of you is too big. You'll have to kill him this way.

Me: It wasn't the way I envisioned but thank you...