The Lizardman Part 5

Chapter 95

"The Only force stronger than Strong Nuclear Forces is Cuteness"

-Kara Fujitora, the White Monarch of Safe Haven

POV Cocytus

I remembered the words Kara-sama had left him with before he set out for war.

Kara: Remember Cocytus. While your opponent is technically Demiurge, treat this like a real war. Your skills as a warrior and commander is needed to win this battle. I had specifically instructed Demiurge to not go easy on you. Do you understand?

Me: YES.KARA.SAMA

Kara: Warrior Takemazuki has taught you how to win a fight...I taught you how to win a war. Now remember your teachings from both and save the Lizardmen and bring them into our Empire.

On the inside, I felt as if I was munching on the best Cockroach fries that Sous Chef made himself as I remembered how Kara-sama had drilled the knowledge of a tactician into me. Enough for me to rival that of Demiurge in pure command.

Me: YOUR.COMMAND.IS.MY.WILL...IT.SHALL.BE.DONE.AS.YOU.SAY.KARA.SAMA

Present Time

POV Zaryusu

The giant blue insect who introduced himself as Cocytus emitted an aura that did not seem inferior to that of the Demon Emperor. In fact, it seemed as if the Demon Emperor was intimidated by the interference of the Empire...could they have been acquaintances?

Cocytus: WE. WERE. WONDERING. WHERE. YOU. HAVE. BEEN. AFTER. CAUSING. ]TROUBLE. IN. THE. EMPIRE, IT. TURNS. OUT. YOU. HAVE. RAN. HERE.

Jaldabaoth: My my...I had hoped that I would never see another guardian or Warlord again but it turns out my luck is bad. A shame too, since I've come here after checking that the Empire has no obligations to protect the lizards.

Cocytus: THEY. ARE. NOT. CITIZENS. OF. OUR. EMPIRE, YET. THEY. HAVE. A. RIGHT. TO. LIFE. ... ATTACK

The army the Empire brought was not much in numbers compared to the Demon, but they seemed stronger. Black Skeletons armed with magic gear, as if it was an army of legend. In perfect ranks, they marched towards the demon spawn while the ones wearing golden armor came to assist the Lizardmen.

Cocytus: I. WILL. FACE. YOU. MYSELF. JALDABAOTH.

Jaldabaoth: Very well.

With a flash of blue and red, the two disappeared and clashed in the center of the lake.

Cocytus: RHENIUM. YOU. TAKE. CONTROL. OF. THE. ARMY. WHILE. I. ENGAGE. JALDABAOTH.

With that, the Blue Insect threw Jaldabaoth all the way out of eyesight before vanishing at a speed unable to follow with Lizard eyes. While I could not see their fight directly, the signs of the forest burning, freezing, blown away and being cut down like weeds were easily a testament to their unmatched strength.

Rhenium turned out to be some sort of Spirit Commander who was slightly transparent and had a green glow. Probably a higher order of the Arcanian Warriors? Whatever he was, he was different from the mindless undead and the raging demons.

Rhenium: First squadron, Phalanx formation towards the main force of the Demon Spawn. Create a path to the Evil Lord!

The Black Skeletons raised their shields and locked it in place before they began marching together in perfect formation towards the great burning demon who was summoning an seemingly infinite number of demons.

Rhenium: Second Squardron. Protect the sides of the Phalanx. Do not allow a single demon through!

The skeletons who wore Golden Armor reacted to his voice and rushed to aid to the marching army. They raised their shield to the side as they fended off the demons who were attempting to flank the formation.

Rhenium: Death Knights...engage the Demon Maid 4 to 1. You are Absolutely forbidden to go easy. I shall engage the Evil Lord once the path is clear.

The Death Knights, the trump card of this army was waiting behind Rhenium waiting for his order. Once the order fell, they rushed to engage the Maids who were also rushing towards the main army too. Their clash was so strong that the mud around them splattered all the way to our makeshift fortress.

Death Knight: grrr

Demon Maid: ...

Yeah, they didn't talk physically but instead it seemed as if they were talking with their weapons. The Death Knight's abilities were beyond any Lizardmen by a large margin...but the demon maids were each holding out well against four of these abominations. They were almost equal in strength until...

*CCCRRASSHHHHH*

I hadn't noticed by Rhenium had disrupted the summoning circle of the Evil Lord just in time as Jaldabaoth was blown back into the swamp.

He didn't look that good with multiple rips in his pinstriped orange suit. His mask was cracked in more than one place and his arm was bleeding...but he was alive. Cocytus arrived moments later by jumping..creating a crater in the middle of the swamp by freeing his landing spot. While he too had scratches and places where blue blood leaked...he was in a better shape than Jaldabaoth. All 4 blades drawn and ready to continue fighting.

Suddenly, Jaldaobaoth raised his hands and made a gripping motion.

Cocytus: !!! NO!

Jaldabaoth: I know Cocytus. That if I do this, I will garner the attention of the Emperors themselves, and that is not something I want. Doing so is suicide...even for me. So let me make you a deal.

Cocytus: YOU.HAVE.NO.RIGHT.TO.DO.SO.JALDABAOTH!!!

Jaldabaoth: Oh? Then should I drop the meteorite directly on top of the lizards? I know that if I do so, then you will be held accountable for their lives...sure, you will defeat me, but what is that compared to my satisfaction of your face twisted in pain?? hmmm?

Cocytus: ...STATE.YOUR.DEMANDS.

Jaldabaoth: In return for not killing the lizards...I ask that you do not follow me as I take my army and flee. As a final thank you, I promise that I will never return or attack here or the Empire again.

Cocytus: ...AS. COMMANDING. OFFICER. I. AGREE. TO. YOUR. DEMANDS... NOW. SURRENDER. AND. LEAVE.

Jaldabaoth: Gladly obliged Cocytus. It was great doing business with you.

As the great Demon Emperor lowed his hand, the Insectoid warrior lowered his blades as well. Sheathing them into an unknown dimension before turning back. Jaldabaoth ordered this army to stand down as did Cocytus.

As both sides ceased their attack, the demons quickly retreated into the shadows of the forest and were soon out of sight.

Cocytus: GOOD.JOB.RHENIUM...YOU. HAVE. PROTECTED. THE. LIZARDMEN. THIS. IS. A. VICTORY.

Rhenium: Thank you Lord Cocytus. I am not deserving of such words. After all, I have only read out your plans for this war.

Cocytus: FEEL. SOME. PRIDE. AND. ACCEPT. YOUR. COMPLIMENT...NOW...TO. THE. LIZARDMEN.

I looked at the massive insect warrior talking towards me. For some reason, although I knew he was on our side, I didn't exactly feel safe.

Cocytus: WE. HAVE. MUCH. TO. DISCUSS...BRING. YOUR. CHIEF, WE. MUST. TALK. ABOUT. YOUR. FUTURE.