Development

Chapter 56

Time-skip 2 months

5: All documents have been signed. All nations are now officially a vassal of Arcanian Empire

We had decided to call the new nation, the 'Arcanian Empire. For simplicity's sake, we decided to name ourselves the 'Twin Emperors'. While now we really weren't twins, we used to be. It was simpler and made more of an impact.

Besides, most of the denizens of Vanir remembered us as twins anyway, so that wasn't really a problem. The world was flipped upside down for a while when many countries, at once, declared their allegiance and surrender to us, the Arcanians. That problem was swiftly put down when we restored their rulers to rule temporarily, but all the power remains with us.

To each of the countries, we sent an elder lich which would be permanently be connected mentally to one of the five elders. This way, they could carry out their orders quickly. Despite this, we needed to make our presence known to the world, so we unleashed our army to the various nations.

In the Empire, we stationed almost an equal amount of Valhallan Warriors and Death Knights. We brought them a few Death Cavaliers for some of the Knights but we knew it wasn't necessary.

Death Knights were welcomed in the Dwarven Lands as they marveled at the crafting method of the armor pieces. They were intrigued by the undead instead of being repulsed by it. Potentially something to have to do with living underground for so long.

We sent a lot more Valhallan Warriors than Death Knights to the Argland Council State. With all the Dragon Lords under a 'contract', we didn't think it was possible for them to create a problem for us. Besides, they knew better than to encourage them. I'm sure they would have reasoned with each other. Also, their superiority sense and arrogance would not let anyone else figure out...even though it was obvious.

For the Quagoa, we sent a prototype Pacifista. Still incomplete but more than capable of keeping them in control. Besides, they were still under radiation. They needed to be contained for another 10 years at least. Things were going smoothly though. Providing them with the best minerals they have ever seen, they were beginning to look forward to their new lives.

For the Slane Theocracy, we sent a little bit of a 'Fuck You' by composing most of the peacekeeping corps of Death Knights. While it was a little personal, it had mostly to do with their religion and attitude. Death Knights, legendary undead, patrolling their streets and keeping the peace would shatter their hopes for the theocracy as well as know about their misconception. Sooner or later they would realize that there is a difference between the church's teachings and what they see. If their most dreaded being is a friend, then how would they perceive the future fellow citizens to come? Probably easier. Better we test it out on the undead first.

As always, not everyone welcomed a new order. Especially those in which were mostly human based, especially the Slane Theocracy. The Empire trusted their Emperor would have made the right choice so their resistance died down after Jircniv gave a speech about the great benefits which would soon head their way. The Slane Theocracy was an entirely different story. People's beliefs in human supremacy were deeply rooted into their bones, brainwashed and made to think that way from the very beginning. While we knew that eventually it would all be over, we needed to break their spirits first with power. That was why we overcompensated with the Death Knights and liches on every street. We kept a very close eye on the actions of their church in which we allowed them to exist.

Dressrosa, the underworld controlled by Doflamingo, reduced the flow of weapons and goods to nations outside the borders of the Arcanian Empire. Nations like the Draconic Kingdom which heavily relied on them would be quite devastated by this.

A new religion popped up around us, but we let it be. To be honest, this was entirely wrong and they were mostly doing this to get attention so we ordered Doflamingo to shut it down at the right time.

Doflamingo: But my lady, even if they wrong, are they not praising you?

Me: They are, but they are not the ones we are waiting for. Shut them down...and make sure they stay down.

Specifically, we were waiting for Neia, the evangelist. A strong religion is founded by a strong prophet. We needed to close these little ones down before they created a solid image of who we were as gods.

During the two months, members of Vanir who were involved with the administration were working overtime as they implemented the system in which we had planned for so long.

Elder Liches were spread throughout the empire with exact knowledge of what they needed to do. We slowly spread new technology (agriculture and weaponry) to an acceptable degree as a test. This also double functioned as a way to gain people's favor.

In the more corrupt nations such as the Empire and the Theocracy, we removed almost the entire top echelon of society which relied on their noble blood. While the theocracy still did not have good views on us, the poorer class loved to watch the fat pigs get roasted for their crimes.

The Empire was much simpler. Jircniv was already called the 'Bloody Emperor'. We just let him do all the executions and take care of the problems. Whenever there was something that didn't work, he would just connect the problem to the Elder Lich we stationed. Then the problem would be removed entirely...simple.

The first stages of setting a country is so crucial, as it will serve as the foundation for the years to come.

The first rule we enforced was 'No Slavery of Any Kind'. Even if people had signed a contract, if it was deemed unfair by the state, it would count as Slavery. Since this was the very first law, we gathered massive support from the Elves as we freed thousands upon thousands of elves from the theocracy. We didn't stop there but set up basic humanitarian stuff to help them re-start their lives anywhere they wished to. Most of them back home in the Elven Kingdom while others, the braver ones, wished to explore the world with their newfound freedom.

Second rule was equality...except us. We made it pretty clear that the 'Twin Emperors' were above the law...and also the only ones above the law as well. Nobody ever saw us, but our presence was everywhere through our subordinates. Using the borrowed authority, we removed every legal problem from the previous nations and weeded out those who would be problems. It was convenient for us and it also earned the trust of the people as we did not abuse it. Or at least they didn't know what bad things we were doing with it.

We were trying to set up an efficient law system which can be implemented everywhere at once but this would still require some time before it is properly done. For now, the local lich just used a truth serum to get the confessions out of people and make a judgement according to the law. It worked in most cases.

Finally, our rule is absolute. They can think anything they want, they can say anything they want. Yet, our rule is absolute. We will hear their opinions and respect it, but our position as the absolute rulers are set in stone.

During times like this, I was glad that we created the 5 Elders. They had experience running the World before. Stuff like this was everyday for them. Paper after paper, they worked through it day and night like it's nothing. The Elder Liches which were trained in the Library of Alexandria were also paperwork monsters. Never making a mistake, never losing focus, never sleeping, never corrupt. Like a machine they worked and worked.

Filling the upper echelons of our society with those who would never betray us and those who's only thoughts were to make this country great. Things were smooth sailing. With the endless resource the Vanir could pump out, in less than 2 months, people's opinions were beginning to change regarding the Empire.

While I would personally like to get on with the Roble Holy Kingdom soon, things would be best if our people had something to compare to. Unfortunately, it looks like they, along with the Draconic Kingdom and the City State Alliance will have to suffer a bit more.

Best of luck to them.