Infiltration

Chapter 24

Infiltration of Ainz Ool Gown was successful. It took about a month but all the remaining members were brought safety into the city boundaries and away from harm. Besides, with these high-level players actively running around the server farming for experience, we were getting a lot of free experience even outside of our usual crazy amount.

We weren't planning on using the rings for our own. We wanted to use them for our NPCs once we arrived. Buffing them up whenever the need it sounded like a good idea. Who knows how we will use it, but being prepared is always a good thing to do.

As I entered the guild, the dying guild was joyful once again as the members found a new sense of happiness. Some no longer needed to worry about their safety and others had better food on their tables. Of course, I purposely always had at least a single NPC in the room to listen to what they were saying so they would understand me.

While most of the members were offline, I also just started talking randomly to walking NPCs. From the guardians, maids, the Pleiades and some soliders. I told them about how I'm glad to be a Supreme Being and accepted into their extensive family. I told them about my family, about sis who is the leader of Society and how Ainz Ool Gown and Society worked together before and brought down Seraphim...who I was sure the denizens of Ainz Ool Gown hated.

I also told them of my superior past. About how my father created the World Tree itself, I told them with pride of how sis and I were the strongest players in all of the World Tree. As of now, they simply looked blankly at me, but I knew they were listening. I knew they were listening with passion and joy about their Supreme Beings.

I still stayed most of my time in Society with sis but I made my way over to them as often as I can to familiarize myself with everyone if I can. And when the login-time of the members started decreasing...I began the second portion of my plan.

Me: Invidia's Mirror, copy the Staff of Ainz Ool Gown

As both items glowed, a moment later, the mirror appeared back in my inventory while there was a perfect copy of the staff in my right hand with the original on my left. I gave the original back to Omega before making my move. I put the staff into my Inventory and teleported to the 7th floor.

I arrived at where Demiurge was stationed.

Me: Our greatest threat...now our greatest ally. "Master Source-Open"

As Demiurge's character sheet popped up, I went straight into his character input and started changing and adding lines as I please. I made sure that although he values Nazarick and Momonga, his true loyalty deep down lies with me. I also made his slightly less savage and cruel. While I didn't use anything that would decrease his karma, I made sure that he felt bad about killing innocents (particularly young girls) indiscriminately. By adding more and more lines of code, he became more and more real. I gave him instructions on how to fight and how to best establish his authority in front of strangers. I gave him knowledge as a speaker and inspirations from a future far away.

Before I walked away, I told him about his own greatness, about how Ulbert created him to be the greatest, or Perfect Evil and he should be proud of it and do whatever he wishes...as evil sprouts from the selfish desires of man (or Arch Devil in this case). That was one NPC done, hundreds more to go. But I think I'll start with Albedo and her sisters. Seriously, I get Tabula was a fan of horror and everything but why would you base your lovely characters on Lovecrafitan Horror themes? Albedo would be beauty that means certain death, Nigredo is horrifying terror, and Rubedo was horror of the unknown. Each of them was sick in their own way...I needed to fix that. (Not Albedo's beauty but her personality)

It took a long time to finish everyone. Multiple months to go around undetected around Nazarick and change every major NPC (which are including the maids) to have a more favorable view on me, as well as me make them not as stupid. I had some fun with Shalltear, making her much smarter and less impulsive. I gave her a basic fighting AI to guide her instead of the normal pattern given to all NPCs in Yggdrasil. She would be a much bigger threat now.

The sisters of Albedo and herself were the biggest problems of Nazarick in the New World. They were the definition of "Bad friends". Albedo's problem was easily fixed. The reason for her over the top obsession with Momonga in the New World was because there was nothing else in Albedo's character input that really defined her or motivated her. All she knew was how to be a mother, do administrative tasks, and act smart...yet she didn't have a motivation other than her love for Nazarick and most of all, Bone daddy. This was why it was pretty simple. For all the things Albedo was good at, I made sure she felt joy in doing them. Gave her a personality and a reason beyond Momonga. While this meant we wouldn't be getting the slutty Albedo nor the obsessive one, at least we got someone who can think calmly and not turn every encounter into a disaster. Like everyone else's I came back and added the line about her loyalty to me being first and foremost.

Nigredo was a bit different. At heart, she was a sweetheart, but honestly, who designed her to look like this? It looked horrifying, even attacking guild members if we didn't bring her a Baby Doll...with Tabula no longer here, I could not watch this any longer.

These NPCs were going to come alive. I hated to imagine Nigredo just sitting here alone in insanity, just waiting for someone to open the door of her prison cell. That was a horrible life for someone so valuable, so I almost completely rewrote her character input.

First, I made her perfectly sane and normal. Her ability to think unhindered and her prophecy and sight clear. I cleaned her up a bit. Got her some new clothes and washed her hair (in game) and brushed it aside so she looked brighter and better in general. I removed her obsession with baby dolls and renovated her place to look like a small Suite Room and removed the lock on her door. She would be free to move around Nazarick as she sees fit. I'm sure she'll be grateful for her freedom.

Rubedo was equally a mess. An automaton that used World Item 'Caloric Stone' to build...yes, they actually decided to use a World Item in her character creation. that would explain why she is so strong. Her build was amazingly similar to that of Alisha's where she would spray debuffs everywhere. Blindness, slowness, poison, confusion, fear aura, everything you could think of with a crazy speed and mana reserve. She truly lived up to her Lovecraftian theme of 'Fear of the Unkown'. After all, nobody (except very few players like us) would even be able to see Rubedo once she starts attacking and the other NPCs and monsters on the 8th floor begin their attack. I think I understand why people were so mad in the 8 Guild Alliance against Nazarick (which was much smaller than the raid on our guild...just to make sure that Society is superior).

Like the creep Tabula is, she made Rubedo into a fucking ugly automation. I mean, why would you do that to a machine? Make it like CZ or something. To begin with, I gave her emotion and a bright and innocent personality. I made it so that she found joys in the little things in life with CZ, in cute things. I also gave her a makeover and redid her face and features without touching her level. She became a cute little thing to look at with her small face and black hair. Her glassy eyes were still a little creepy but her cute smile was there. I expanded her range of emotion so she could feel 'alive'. After that, I coded in the usual stuff for me and sis. Things were going well.

Now...how to meet Pandora's Actor?

Me: Momonga san?

Momonga: Hmm? Kara?

Me: Yeah. I heard that you made an NPC as well. Can I see?

Momonga: Uhh, sure. I put him in the treasury as an Area Guardian.

Once we were there, his reaction was as expected. He was trying all he could do to sputter out excuses for why he created him this way. I offered to him that if he found it embarrassing, he should just change his clothes and way of talking and make it fit him now.

Which he did, and since I was the better one at doing this, he carelessly handed me his Staff of Ainz Ool Gown and let me go crazy. I did what he asked, but I also managed to sneak in my lines before he noticed. Before he realized it was taking a bit more than expected, the deed was done and my takeover over the NPCs of Nazarick was complete!