Getting the Game

Chapter 3

I begged father to be beta testers for the game. I even agreed to let him pet me during lunch (which gets annoying since his pets are a little hard) and he finally agreed. He was worried since I was only 5 years old but he also knew that I was different than most 5 year olds as well. Sis already got hers since she was already 10 years old and I guess that's old enough for dad to give the ok.

Me: Thanks dad! *hug*

He was no longer the 3.5 meter giant man he was, but to me he was still a giant, in more than one way. He got me a child-sized VR set, complete with a VR supplemental chair (looks like a massage chair).

On the first day of the game's testing, we logged in with our beta testing ID and were given the avatars exactly the same as how we looked. They wanted to do this since changing too much of the body's features could cause severe headaches, or god forbid extra limbs (or in the case of slimes, the lack of them).

We saw other testers and some developers logged in and this was where we decided it was our chance to shine.

Me: Dev-san, the sword movement isn't supposed to be fluid. It's supposed to feel resistance. The gravity we feel...blah blah blah

Diana: The flight system is unreal in my opinion. Stretching out the wings wouldn't give a smooth flight. There is air resistance to consider. The movement of the wings should match the rise and fall...

Me: This skill only works in this way, causing the bug here to happen...

Diana: Have you tried putting in this code? It simplifies the...

Me: Dev-san, move out of the way. Let me try it...

It was a busy 3 months but our hard work paid off. There was nobody in the company that did not know our names. We taught them groundbreaking ways to improve the game and make it much more realistic. We created ways for lines of codes to be reduced while having the experience improved, cutting the cost of maintenance by another billion dollars (long term).

Speaking of how much we improved the game, we set up a few codes that would allow player's mouths to match their in-game avatar's mouth as well as a few basic facial expressions. Instead of just a stone mask, this should make things so much more interesting over the next years. Of course, it wasn't going to be done by the time the game is announced but probably in some big update.

We put in so many ideas that contributed to the lore of the game itself. Participating in world building was quite interesting...as a result, we ended up finding out some really important information we would need later on.

There were a few ideas that the company was so fixated on that it was hard to change their minds, but we managed to convince them of a few things. A few ideas that would be crucial to the development and OP level of power it would give us in the game.

Yggdrasil is a game where many people work together to find out the rules and mystery of the world...however, sis and I didn't want to play it like that. We didn't want many people on our journey. We might recruit 10 or 20 people but they'll never be true friends like they were to Momonga. They will be tools we use to achieve our goals, and they will benefit from us just the same. If anything, it would be like a business relationship. This was why it was so important for sis and I to get so ridiculously powerful to ignore the rules set by the game.

We have the time and we have the necessary materials. It was obvious that Yggdrasil is a Pay-to-win type of game. The only thing we had laying around the house was money, and also secrets of Yggdrasil players should never learn of. We had everything we needed...we just needed to convince dad to do it.

We did it...it took hours to explain and many more hours to convince why it was necessary but we successfully convinced dad. While we had our own reasons, we managed to make the company to think it was a gold-mine, in which it was in a way. Our way to get powerful would get them initially at a ridiculous disadvantage that PKers would never lose the chance to troll. That was where the money would start rolling in when they would try and undo what they did.

Thank you ?? for giving us everything we need to abuse the hell out of the game. I think we're ready to play the game now.