Godly

Chapter 32

Me: Alright, time to see if this works.

I was holding a ring that was filled with experience worth 50 levels (from 1 to 50) and the other, Invidia's Mirror.

Me: Pray this works...

As the item activated, the mirror disappeared and in my other hand appeared a perfect copy of the ring with...

Me: As expected. We programmed the mirror to copy every line of data...the exp is copied as well.

This was all we needed to hear. We took out our personal exp rings and copied them.

Diana: Cheers. Here goes nothing.

For the first time in almost forever, we activated our rings (copied ones) and I felt...

*ding* *ding* *ding* *ding* *ding* *ding* *error* *error*

*Experience earned has caused an anomaly*

*Experience earned has caused an anomaly—

*Experience earned has caused——

*Experience—-bzzz. Bzzz*

??: Congratulations, you girls found a way to beat the system. While I would have liked you two to stay mortals for a much longer period and mess up this world as well, this is also an acceptable result. The fact that you remain my Netflix episodes will not change either way. Anyway, I'm here to congratulate you on your immortality.

Me: ...what?

I looked around to see a familiar space. A completely white space with just a glowing ball of light. But this time, we weren't just souls drifting around but rather we still had our avatars with us.

??: Your souls, or rather your very existence has changed. Could you feel it?

Something WAS different...but I couldn't really place it.