Loyalty

Chapter 41

Jircniv: Fluder-dono, are you sure?

Fluder: Jircniv boy, I am sure of this. There was a magic release that was in the realm of Heroes in that region. Just south of E-Rantel. There must be others who must have sensed it besides me. We must go there first and investigate what it is.

Jircniv: Fluder-dono...as much as I believe you, what you are saying we do is a breach of multiple laws.

Fluder: Well then, how could we investigate without being seen? Are there anyone you could hire to do it for us without the possibility of being tracked back?

POV Spade

We arrived in the north via Kuma's paw powers. While I would have preferred 'gate' it had the weakness of only being able to use it on places that the user (or allies) have already been to. The Dwarves lands (or the land of Ice Giants and Dragons) were not a place anyone from Society has been to yet.

To make my journey less boring, I was sent with Doc and Mihawk. They said Mihawk was here to 'Slaughter those moles should they not comply' but is anyone really dumb enough to not listen to Society?

I remembered my past life but something I noticed right away was the difference in my mind and strength. Physically and magically, I was stronger than I have ever been before. If I fought against Teach (aka Blackbeard) now, I was sure I would have crushed him. Secondly, I felt older in my mind. More mature, as I found myself thinking over decisions I would have made impulsively previously. I did not mind this change and rather enjoyed it. But surprisingly the most different thing was my view on Kara and Diana.

I have always respected the two for what they did back in MarineFord for me. I began to admire them when they brought me under their wing and made me their 'nakama' on board the Requiem. When I woke up again, I found myself worshipping them as if they were gods, and not that's its wrong either. This was something I never thought I would do but somehow I don't dislike it. After all, don't they have every right be to called gods?

They brought peace to a world that never had any, they brought the entire world under order. Something that not even the World Government and much less the Revolutionary Army was able to do. To add on, apparently they saved the World as they passed onto the next one. As a normal human back then, I was not alive to witness the passing centuries but I know it would have been the golden age under their leadership.

Doc, who had a magic map led us straight through dozens of tunnels, underground rooms and soon onto a large clearing...still underground but lit with various minerals and crystals embedded onto the ceiling.

The clearing was about a quarter of the size of Mycan at best (or half of Manhattan) but we could clearly see the Dwarven Kingdom. In the middle of the clearing and surrounded by a bottomless void that reminded me of Enies Lobby. Connected only by a small bridge was the entrance of the Kingdom.

As we walked up to the end of the bridge, but not on it yet, a guard spotted us.

Guard: Who goes there?!

Spade: An envoy for Society. We have a message to the Dwarven Council

Guard: How can you prove it??

Spade: How will you know our documents are real if you have never heard of our country before?

Guard: ...let them in. They are just 3

Not incorrect but very wrong in the meaning held behind it. Well, we had no plans to use our powers on them so they need not worry.

We caused a bit of a commotion but soon we were able to meet the Dwarven leaders. As expected, they were a mess. Already starting to lose cities from these 'Quagoa' and unaware of the presence of the Ice Dragons that were backing them.

Spade: Look, we can talk down and talk about all the useless things or we can make a deal.

Dwarf: Speak

Spade: We'll solve your problem for you. Your problem with the Quagoa, but we demand all Rune-Smiths in your country to be handed over to us. Don't worry about their treatment since we will treat them as VIPs. We believe that Rune crafting holds immense potential and we wish experts from the Dwarves to share their knowledge on it.

Dwarf: Why can't you just ask for information then?

Spade: Since you obviously do not care for Rune Crafts. They have no motivation to continue growing and developing their art. Society will do all of that and better. So, do we have a deal?

POV 5 (of the 5 Elders)

As the black portal opened in our conference room, a doppelgänger, Sir Crocodile, and the infamous Princess Renner stepped out of the portal before closing.

Me: Please ignore the formalities and sit. We have much to discuss don't we?

Renner: Oh course, Sir 5 of the Elders.

Me: Good...now let us begin.

I could tell she was no rookie in this game of words; however I could see right through her. Her one and only motivation...that little Silver Knight of hers that she had picked up. What does her eyes say...yes, manipulation and keeping a pet.

I see...how unique. But still someone with immense potential.

Me: (*Message: Begin investigating a boy called Climb. Invite him subtly to our influence but never reveal who you or we are).

It looks like we're about to gain a powerful ally.

POV Kara

Diana: So Zesshi, that is what we are planning. I believe it has all of your requirements and we have no problems with it as well.

Zesshi: Yes my lady, this is everything I have ever hoped for. When would this be possible?

Me: On two occasions. One when your father pushes for a final push against the Theocracy, or when the tide turns and the Elven Kingdom starts losing. On either on those occasions you will be deployed with our army.

Zesshi: Thank you...*sob* I can finally have my revenge.

Diana: Revenge is sweet but be careful not to be consumed by it young one. Once you have blood on your blades, make sure to clean it before you sheath it, else the rust that forms in your sheath might hold you back in your moment of need.

Zesshi: I hear and obey...true rulers of this world.