The Legions

Chapter 69

POV Jircniv

Nimble: Your Majesty, we have arrived at the Plains.

Me: Nimble...I am no longer an emperor. Call me as such, call me senator.

The door of the carriage opened and outside was the General of the Baharuth Forces. General Kabein.

Kabein: Hello Senator Jircniv. We are glad you have arrived safely. Our 6 Legions are ready for war.

Me: Good. We cannot afford to let down our new Emperors. Have they instructed you yet? I am sure someone of that level of intelligence would have some sort of plan for this war...

Kabein: No senator. We have received orders to stay still but hold our position. They have stationed all 6 Legions at the top of the mountain. umm...senator, are they planning on making us watch? The location is safe but it is a defensive position but this war is an offensive one.

Me: I do not know General. I know not what the gods think. I just hope that it will be in our favor.

Kabein: Senator...the troops will arrive in time, right? So far we are the only ones to have arrived.

Me: Have faith general, they are arrive.

I hoped they will. While for a normal army, this would have been impossible, this was society. I had seen for myself their way of instantaneous travel that could fit multiple Dragons. Making an army travel through that would be of no difficultly.

Third Person POV

Soldier: Sir! A Carriage flying the flag of the Twin Emperors of the Arcanian Empire has arrived!

The knight's eyes turned to Nimble. Kabein looked at him as well. On his part, Nimble nodded.

Nimble: ...Understood. Tell them we are ready.

Kabein's face, which had borne a warm smile until recently, froze into an emotionless mask as he realized he was about to stand in front of the new emperors for the first time.

Kabein: Then, shall we go meet the Sovereigns?

Personally, Nimble did not wish to go. After speaking to the other Four Knights ―no, there were only three now, including himself― and remembering what they had said to him, Nimble's expression turned bitter. However, he had no choice but to follow the General.

Nimble: Of course, General Kabein. Do allow me to walk with you.

***

A magnificent carriage advanced outside the castrum, following behind mounted outriders. What made onlookers gasp was the fact that the carriage had no driver, and that the horse which pulled it was bigger than an ordinary horse. It was not a Sleipnir, but a magical beast which looked transparent, but grander than any horse or Sleipnir.

Jircniv addressed the surrounding knights and Kabein.

Jircniv: Please present arms to our guest.

The carriage stopped before them. Nimble and the others gasped, for more than one reason.

The first was because the carriage itself was breathtakingly beautiful. Its base color was a black that seemed to have been cut from the night sky itself, and the entire chassis was covered in elaborate ornamentation. Said decorations had the subdued radiance of brass, while the leather was a copper color, giving the whole an air of elegance and classiness. Finally, the patterns were embedded into the Stone with gold and white metal. Although the embellishments might have been a little overdone, it did not reach the point of tackiness. Instead, it resembled nothing so much as a giant treasure box.

Nimble had ridden the Emperor's personal carriage on occasion, and he was of the firm opinion that the one before him was superior to it...by a long shot.

The other reason why he gasped was because of the majestic horse pulling the carriage. Its entire body was perfectly sculptured as if cut out from marble. Its transparency made it feel as if it was not there, but here it was in all its glory.

It was like a horse-shaped avatar of pride and dominance. Everyone around it was filled with an acute sense of alarm. Nimble himself was starting to hyperventilate, and sweat broke out on his back and palms.

Amidst the storm of panicked breaths, the carriage's door opened and a very tall butler exited. He looked quite...different. He was obviously taller than any man he had seen before but his hair was very hard to ignore. Resembling something of a black round bomb, and his beard like that of a long rope, his presence was overwhelming...and not fitting with the grand carriage.

He held out his hand into the carriage where a small white hand softly put it on top of his and stepped out. The small girl was gorgeous...and no words could describe her beauty. Not in a lustful way in any manner but one in which you could feel the brightest emotions in life. Innocence, kindness, pure love, and...irresistibly cute. Her flowing platinum hair, her small stature, her bright blue eyes which seemed to change the shade of darkness each passing moment.

She was wearing something very different from what anyone had seen before. A light purple robe like clothing which seemed to flow with the wind (it's a Kimono). On top of this, she wore a white overcoat which was way too big for her. She hung it over her shoulders and let the sleeves wave in the wind. On the back was written in a language no one understood, Sovereign

Next out of the carriage was just as breathtaking, but in a very different fashion. She was taller, more mature. Her expression and posture showed something that felt akin to dominance and power. Her dark hair was smooth but also pitch black, darker than any night. Her eyes seemed to envelop anything and see through it all like a void. Her clothing must be formal wear from where she came from, but it was quite tight fitting. Like her sister, she too had a white overcoat over her shoulders. On the back, it said something different, Monarch

Sengoku: Kara-sama, Diana-sama. It seems like we have arrived.

Diana: It seems we did, thank you Sengoku.

Nimble: We bid you and your entourage welcome, your Majesties, the Twin Emperors of the Arcanian Empire

Nimble lowered his head. However, he did not hear anyone else following suit. Despite knowing it was very rude, he had to turn behind to look. The general and knights behind him were frozen in place.

They had been overwhelmed by the Twin Emperors' presence and could not move. He could understand that. However, if this went on, it wouldn't turn out well. In the end, it was the general who delivered the solution to Nimble's predicament.

Kabein: Legion!

The roar belonged to Kabein. It was a crisp, bracing command that did not seem to suit a noble like himself, but which perfectly fitted his rank as a general.

Kabein: A salute! To her majesties, the Twin Emperors!

Knights: Sir!

The knights chorused their reply, and as one, they presented their arms to the emperors.

Kara: I thank you for your welcome, you knights who are the pride of the Empire. Now, I think it is time we make our own preparations for this war.