A Utopia in a Dystopia

Chapter 2

Before I realized, I sensed a light at the end of the tunnel and...It was cold!!! Someone quickly wrapped me in blankets and I was asleep again.

When I opened my eyes, I still could't see much. These baby eyes weren't developed enough for that. But where is sis? I'm sure ?? would have made sure that we stay together.

Diana: Kara...I'm your sister Diana. I'm here Kara

Me: ?! waa..?

Huh? Is that sis? Why is she..? She is she so much older than me? I think she must be at least 4 years old if she can stand and talk like that. It took a minute to take in the scene a little more but I found myself in a large hospital room with a women holding me, wrapped up in a warm blanket. I think she's my mom but damn she looks really hot. She didn't look Japanese like dad. Instead she looked...Western European? Probably Swiss would be my best guess but she looked like a supermodel with her blond hair and bright blue eyes and perfectly shaped face.

It looks like we've been born into a wealthy family alright, in this day and age, even this much would be considered an excessive luxury.

Man: Kara, my daughter... she looks like you honey.

I think he's my dad. I can't really place it but something about him seems really familiar.

There was no way that was true. I know babies are ugly when they are born. Maybe I'll start to look more like a cute baby in a couple of days but right now I should be all red and wrinkly.

I wanted to know more but sleep overtook me again as I fell asleep. Seriously, this was just so comfortable... wrapped up in a blanket and being cuddled.

It's been a couple of weeks and I've found out what had happened.

Sis was brought into this world almost 5 years ago but she didn't have any memories until the day of my birth. The moment I was handed over to her when we arrived at what I can only describe as 'a mansion that shows how unequal capitalism can be', she was hugging and cuddling me nonstop. For me, it was just a couple of minutes but I missed her as well. 4000 years of being together, even a moment of separation can cause some pain.

Apparently ?? wasn't lying when he said he'll throw in a couple of bonus in our lives for us. Our dad, ironically, was called Issho Fujitora and he looks like him as well. I'm guessing ?? switched out the original for our dad, but without the memories of us in his previous life. Despite this, we are still thankful for that. He means a lot to us.

There was another miracle, other than the fact that our family was filthy rich of course, was that it seemed dad's company which was called "Soba Games" seemed to be developing a game called "Yggdrasil".

Isn't this too easy?

Well, I'm just hoping that dad would be the type that allows us to play games a lot. We'll do our part as his daughters and the (probably) heir of his massive Fortune 100 Company but we really need the time if we want to properly prepare for the advent, or the transfer.

Five years passed in a blink of an eye and it was year 2125, just 1 year before they introduce the game to the public. For the last 5 years, dad has been boasting all over the place that we were prodigies and everything. While he wasn't wrong if he went by his definition, we had 4000 years of knowledge and experience backing us up...and we still had to pretend we were ignorant and dumb as a baby. I guess that had its own right and benefits though. Even so, since we wanted to be involved in the Beta testing process for Yggdrasil, we had to contribute somewhat. For example, coding and few bits and pieces information from a world thousands of years more advanced in technology. The 'random sputtering words of Fujitora's daughters' saved the company billions of dollars (which with inflation would be equal to maybe a couple dozen millions of dollars)