Dragon Lords Part 1

Chapter 33

POV Ramposa II (Son of Ramposa). King of the Re-Estize Kingdom

Marquis: Your Majesty, our spies have informed us that the Empire is rapidly mobilizing!

Not this again, they've always threatened us to no end. Sending peasants to war again should solve the problem.

Me: I don't see the problem Marquis. Can we not just arm our men and send them to war?

Marquis: You Majesty, the Imperial Knights have...they have arms of that should belong to the Great Nobles!

What?!

Me: How did the Empire finance such things! Don't they know how expensive crafting such a blade is?!

Marquis: Your Majesty. It is not just their sword, but also their armor and shields. Their entire arms is of an army of legend!

Me: Impossible!!

How could this be? Numbers should not be a problem but with superior arms, how could we hope to beat them!

Me: Quickly!! Find out how they got their weapons! This must be a trick or a hoax! Something that simply looks the part! Find out immediately and prepare the peasants for war!!

We must find out how they got those weapons. If they are genuine weapons, then we must supply them...even if it means going into debt, and raising the taxes once more.

POV Doflamingo

Doppelgänger: Our connection with the empire has ordered an additional 20,000 sets. They request it to be delivered as soon as possible.

Me: Tell them to wait. Now that they know we have their goods, now they must wait like dogs. What is the situation with the Kingdom?

Doppelgänger 2: The Kingdom is in search for where the Empire had gotten their arms, us. We plan on revealing ourself to a few nobles in the near future. They are getting ready for war against the Empire.

Me: Good...make them wait a little longer. Make them more desperate as the Empire mobilizes. Send a note to Empire to not rush their order. After all, crafting such 'delicate' goods takes both time and effort.

Behind me, the machine roared as it stamped out yet another hundred sets and began repeating the process.

Me: Tell me about the Elven Kingdom.

Doppelgänger 3: We have slipped information to the Elf King without being seen. He is now aware of the location of Zesshi Zetsumi. He will push the Kingdom for an all out war.

Me: And the connection?

Doppelgänger 3: They request 10 million arrow heads and 10,000 Bows of the wood we have shown them.

Me: kekekeke...not even Adam Tree and they jump at the opportunity. Tell them that their order will be delivered by the end of this month.

The wheel is turning. I simply hope the other Doppelgängers are doing their jobs properly. They should be collecting the misdeeds and the secrets of the Kingdom and Empire. Secrets that must never be made known to the public.

Me: The Slane Theocracy, Draconic Kingdom and the Holy Kingdom then.

Doppelgänger 4: As you have ordered, we have not shown them anything regarding weapons but have shown them our healing totems. They are requesting to buy it by the millions.

Me: No...spread more. Make the market easily approachable. We do not want them re-selling this to the public at an expensive price. Make our presence known enough for them to approach us. Impersonate someone at this 'Adventurers' guild and send injured people to us.